Love him, or hate him, but... (Conor)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Nov 21, 2015
Wish he would go away. The quiet martial artist is extinct because of him, mma is worse because of his influence and it's overwhelming obnoxious fanbase.
I hear ya brotha but just think how boring it would be without people like him?

People said the same of Honda "Can't wait till she's gone"

Then when she left the 135 division has been boring as fuck.

Dustin Poirer needed a villian. The game itself needs villains

I don't agree with much of what Mac does either... But like he posted

"We need people like him"

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRLtcwMJwyz/

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzfX0T4LDD8

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021

I like Nunes as champion much better than Ronda. Amanda's everything you want out of a champion.

??

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You don't think they'd do that if they could find a hobo to blame?
they learned their lesson by coming out with "Natural Origin Only" for SARS-COV2 a week after the genome was published.

you gotta let time pass to give the appearance of science and find the perfect patsy.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I guess we can count out any special treatment anymore. Dana texted me after I asked him for his opinion on the broken leg and the following video:

View: http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/31823705

He just simply responded, “we were never friends and the guy is a liar”
Haha
He is justifying that he needed to get a titanium rod in his leg

hilarious
My buddy got one and has never been the same athletically since the break

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I guess we can count out any special treatment anymore. Dana texted me after I asked him for his opinion on the broken leg and the following video:

View: http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/31823705

He just simply responded, “we were never friends and the guy is a liar”
Conor's explanation: "It didn't break during the fight. It broke before the fight and the doctor's and athletic commissions ignored it but I needed this surgery. It had broken during my years of constantly fighting (5 fights in 5 years). I was never going to get surgery unless it snapped in half because I didn't really need surgery."

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Tony was talking about drug dealers, not journeyman fighters who behave like cunts.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Conor's explanation: "It didn't break during the fight. It broke before the fight and the doctor's and athletic commissions ignored it but I needed this surgery. It had broken during my years of constantly fighting (5 fights in 5 years). I was never going to get surgery unless it snapped in half because I didn't really need surgery."
The way he put it a rod down the leg is how you fix stress fractures

I think he is trying to convince himself that he has a titanium weapon now

In reality the rods and screws can lead to complications and pain, and he will experience some atrophy

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If that rod acts in the way he's selling it he should never be allowed to compete in MMA again.
It won't, he watched too many superhero movies.

Spider Silva detailed the struggles when he discussed the injury with Wiedman in a discussion between them that was posted here lately by Kneeblock.
It is not an easy rehab for starters and it is something that he will feel daily for the rest of his life.
Most likely it will make him hesitant to throw that leg, rather than use it as a weapon.

NFL guys that get plates, rods, screws are often having complications and needing secondary surgeries.

I hope it heals great for him and he certainly can afford some top of the line treatment to try to get it back close to 100%. Maybe stem cell stuff and all that can help him.

As a bonus when he is an old man he can probably sense storms coming before everybody else...The I can feel it in my bones type of thing.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Conor-“I was injured going into the fight,” McGregor said. “People were asking me when was the leg break – at what point did the leg break? Ask Dana White. Ask the UFC. Ask Dr. Davidson, the head doctor of the UFC. They knew. My leg – I had stress fractures in my leg going into that cage. There was debate about pulling the thing out because I was sparring without shin pads, and I was kicking. I kicked the knee a few times, so I had multiple stress fractures in the shin bone above the ankle, and then I had trouble with the ankle anyway throughout the years of fighting all the time. And I also was wrapping my ankle every training session. I even (did) a lot of training sessions when the ankle was sore – I still wouldn’t stop training."
NSAC affiliated doctors should be doing a better job they are out here letting people fight with brain and heart problems. the feds should fire what ever doctor that caught this and still cleared him to fight.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
NSAC affiliated doctors should be doing a better job they are out here letting people fight with brain and heart problems. the feds should fire what ever doctor that caught this and still cleared him to fight.
Until a doctor speaks, on it I can't take conor's word on any documented stress fractures that doctors knew about.

There is a lot of money to be made on selling a pre existing injury to add legitimacy to a 4th matchup after DP took two straight. That much money can warp the truth. This could just be a narrative that formed post fight.

Mace

Prophet of poon
Oct 29, 2015
I have the same rod in the same leg. But I also have more hardware as well. It will not be an advantage or as good as before the injury. Each screw keeping that rod in place is a possible future fail point. I had an additional surgery to fix that exact issue. Impact energy has to go somewhere. Reducing natural bone density is never a positive even though it's now bonded to titanium hardware.

Mace

Prophet of poon
Oct 29, 2015
Until a doctor speaks, on it I can't take conor's word on any documented stress fractures that doctors knew about.

There is a lot of money to be made on selling a pre existing injury to add legitimacy to a 4th matchup after DP took two straight. That much money can warp the truth. This could just be a narrative that formed post fight.
As fucked up as this would be it would be better than the alternative, that he is so full of himself he wants the world to think he hurt himself and Dustin had no part of it. Most would see the opportunity to say they felt something wrong early in the round and it got worse until the full break. Thus affecting his performance and game plan. It was an olive branch on a shiny silver platter. Nope, full retard mode engaaaage.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I have the same rod in the same leg. But I also have more hardware as well. It will not be an advantage or as good as before the injury. Each screw keeping that rod in place is a possible future fail point. I had an additional surgery to fix that exact issue. Impact energy has to go somewhere. Reducing natural bone density is never a positive even though it's now bonded to titanium hardware.
Titanium Skeletor sounds scary tho

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I like Lioness but she will never be the crossover star that Ronda was
Speaking strictly for myself, I don't need nor want pro athletes to be crossover stars.

If they want to themselves, fine, but id prefer if they focus on perfecting their craft instead of getting their heads turned by greedy agencies. If mma pay was better, those would be outliers and not something to strive for necessarily.