Luke Thomas announced as new host of The MMA Hour

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015

Fingers crossed that it turns out to be more like his live chats and less like his Sirius shows, but I'm nervous it'll lean towards the latter

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
Luke talks about taking over hosting for The MMA Hour and The MMA Beat at the beginning of today's Promotional Malpractice Live Chat for anyone interested

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You don't enjoy him calling everyone donks and making fun of his co-workers?
He may be a great guy off camera but I kinda doubt it. Like when on camera, I bet he's an arrogant, pompous douche that isn't half as cool as he believes.

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
It will be interesting to see how he manages his relationships with the fighters. Currently he appears not to be bothered but how long will that last when he will need to do several longish form interviews each week.

The Sound of Violence

Oct 28, 2015
It will be interesting to see how he manages his relationships with the fighters. Currently he appears not to be bothered but how long will that last when he will need to do several longish form interviews each week.
Luke mentioned on his last promotional malpractice episode that while he will do interviews it won't be the main focus of the show. There's going to be a lot more discussion, taking calls, etc.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Luke mentioned on his last promotional malpractice episode that while he will do interviews it won't be the main focus of the show. There's going to be a lot more discussion, taking calls, etc.
My guess is it won’t be the main focus of the show because most fighters don’t want to talk to his arrogant ass.

Nov 21, 2015
He may be a great guy off camera but I kinda doubt it. Like when on camera, I bet he's an arrogant, pompous douche that isn't half as cool as he believes.

He knows the lyrics to Mobb Deep "Shook Ones" though. So by default that makes him super cool
by his own admission

Last edited:

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Just what we need, a pretentious cunt running that show lol. He's low energy and Jeb level of trump derangement syndrome. Shouldnt last more than a year and then will be phased out.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
Just what we need, a pretentious cunt running that show lol. He's low energy and Jeb level of trump derangement syndrome. Shouldnt last more than a year and then will be phased out.
who would you prefer?

Nov 21, 2015
Had to bump this one to say I just listened to Lukes new MMA Hour...

Damn I like it! The new format where he takes calls from the public is
pretty fun. Made for a much more lighter atmosphere then Ariel's old show

Taking shots of Columbian Whiskey on set was a Boss move too.

I give the first show a thumbs up