VID Luke Thomas is Right (oddly) about the Hooker fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Lol!

Nobody’s taking the time to listen to numbnuts for 13 minutes.

1 minute clip....maybe....just maybe
it's different when his sanctimonious indignation is a righteous indignation

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It's weird that fans get annoyed with his self-righteousness, when his most annoying trait is actually his constant equivocation. He adds mealy mouthed qualifiers on nearly everything he says to the level that he often undermines or even contradicts his own argument.

I'd rather he was just an outright opinionated cunt and that a 13 minute rant was distilled down to 2. Because some parts of his rants are often pretty good.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He is just saying something a whole lot of other people felt also and given several days to hear many different people before making this statement is not news........

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's weird that fans get annoyed with his self-righteousness, when his most annoying trait is actually his constant equivocation. He adds mealy mouthed qualifiers on nearly everything he says to the level that he often undermines or even contradicts his own argument.

I'd rather he was just an outright opinionated cunt and that a 13 minute rant was distilled down to 2. Because some parts of his rants are often pretty good.
I couldn't put my finger on what always irks me about Luke, but you hit the nail on the head. You can't say that Dan's corner is 'smart, capable people who care about Dan' and then with your assessment of their actions equivocate the exact opposite.

Smart, capable people who care about Dan don't send him out for the 3rd. Same thing for the ref, getting hit in the head is not intelligently defending yourself. Call the ref out for sucking at his job. Call the corner out for sucking at their job. Call the casuals out for glorifying senseless destruction of a young fighter.

But stop hitting from both sides of the plate in the same at-bat.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I couldn't put my finger on what always irks me about Luke, but you hit the nail on the head. You can't say that Dan's corner is 'smart, capable people who care about Dan' and then with your assessment of their actions equivocate the exact opposite.

Smart, capable people who care about Dan don't send him out for the 3rd. Same thing for the ref, getting hit in the head is not intelligently defending yourself. Call the ref out for sucking at his job. Call the corner out for sucking at their job. Call the casuals out for glorifying senseless destruction of a young fighter.

But stop hitting from both sides of the plate in the same at-bat.
It's a combo of trying too hard to sound smart and trying too hard to sound like a balanced journalist (even though, to his credit, he admits he is not a journalist). But then he undermines these attempts by reverting to a strong dismissive opinion like 'you donks are just plain wrong'. So it turns a lot of his rants into long-winded and ultimately self-defeating messes.

I do have some respect for him though, unlike some pure haters. The fact he trips himself up with counter-arguments to his original point is evidence of critical thinking in itself and he is far from stupid. And while he is a smug prick, I actually think he comes across as mostly a decent bloke in his interactions with others in person.

Reminds me of a guy I used to be friends with, he noticeably tries to copy Obama's speaking cadence. This Luke Thomas does something similar, he's speaking like someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Completely disagree with Luke.
First that start bit going on about barbozas improvement and new technical approach with new team... No, that's same ol Barboza, he's just finally fighting a non elite-wrestler and someone (stupid enough?) who will stand up and trade with him showcasing his talent.
And saying hookers tough because they're all tough. Bullshit, most get hit and crumple, wilt, back away in defence mode and take themself out of the fight. Hoooker actually kept himself in that fight with his toughness, kept coming forward and looked at times like he would wear Barboza out, he knew exactly what he was doing. I don't think it should have been stopped.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lol!

Nobody’s taking the time to listen to numbnuts for 13 minutes.

1 minute clip....maybe....just maybe
Didn't you once post a video on here that was proof Beyonce is a lizard or some shit and it was 9.5 hours long?

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Didn't you once post a video on here that was proof Beyonce is a lizard or some shit and it was 9.5 hours long?
Lol no...Im not into Lizard Shit.

Demonically possessed maybe...lizard? ..No ..that’s just silly conspiratard stuff.;)