VID Luke Thomas: "My career is satire of an actual career" (funny video of him with tech issues live)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Excellent post
I have no issue with media discussing the fight & breaking things down somewhat, but move by move analyses of what fighters should be doing, should be left to an expect & not somebody with some training
For sure, and just to be clear I have no problem with Luke talking about different styles, technique, how he thinks different fighters are going to match up with each other, etc.

But these detailed technique frame by frame breakdowns? Leave that to the guys who have actually went in there on the highest level and had to execute against trained killers who are trying to smash their brains in.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
For sure, and just to be clear I have no problem with Luke talking about different styles, technique, how he thinks different fighters are going to match up with each other, etc.

But these detailed technique frame by frame breakdowns? Leave that to the guys who have actually went in there on the highest level and had to execute against trained killers who are trying to smash their brains in.
We are on same page

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Yeah but we're talking about the highest level of MMA. In leading up to the Superbowl, do they do breakdowns with guys who played high school ball? Or who have "trained rather extensively" in football? Football fans would be like "who da fook is dat guy"? It doesn't even matter how good the info is or isn't - he could have every current UFC champ writing all his material for him, but it would still be unprofessional because he's not the right vehicle to deliver it.

Think of how many current UFC fighters would jump at the chance to do those breakdowns, probably for a couple hundred bucks, some probably for free just to expand their profile and maybe even use it as an "audition" for a bigger gig with ESPN or something.

Just speaking as a guy who works in media... you just don't see this kind of unprofessionalism in other sports or even non-sports. A lot of times a reporter knows more about a subject than the expert he's going to interview. But you need that legit voice to deliver the info.
Is Luke Thomas doing fight breakdowns on UFC broadcasts? No. He is speaking about technique on an MMA podcast that he runs. He also has UFC fighters in and asks them directly when he can. You are creating a false equivalence.

ESPN Frequently has people who weren't professional athletes breaking down things within sports. How many sportswriters (many of whom speak about technique) were professional players? Luke has a show, and he uses that to speak on things which he understands. There are a multitude of media members from the major sports who break down technique within sports for media. I am not sure what you are getting at.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Excellent post
I have no issue with media discussing the fight & breaking things down somewhat, but move by move analyses of what fighters should be doing, should be left to an expect & not somebody with some training
If this happened, MMA would literally be the only major sport where this is the case.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How does he possibly still have so many technical problems after doing this shit for so long?