VID Luke Thomas Says to Boycott the EA Sports UFC 2 Game

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Caoiltedb

Apr 21, 2015
BlackDana @BlackDana for a guy who's twitter is mostly having a laugh. I gotta say I agree with your argument completely. And for everyone else I also see you're points but there's no point in making someone feel unwelcome here for having an opinion and giving some pretty solid points to back it up. I don't really care tbh I'm gonna buy the game simply because I enjoy the sport and think it'd be a pretty cool game...

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Fnc was fun. Eliza Dushku murmuring into my headset? Yes please. My point was that ufc undisputed 3 was better than ea ufc gameplay wise.
That's what I'd heard too. Like I said, I never got to try out the EA UFC game. I thought Undisputed 3 was the best MMA game overall, and was curious if EA UFC was superior. Not surprised to hear it isn't

I didn't like Fight Night round 3 or 4. I thought Champion was a massive improvement over those games. Even tho I don't own a next gen (well, current gen I guess) system, I wonder if EA will be able to improve this new UFC game dramatically the way they did with the last installment of the Fight Night franchise.

BTW, to anyone who might know.. is there a new Fight Night in the works? Or has EA switched to making UFC games instead?

Random thought, but I always thought it must be way easier to make a boxing game - or even a kickboxing game - than an accurate and fun MMA game. Striking is pretty easy to simulate on a video game, but the ground work? Clinching, subs, transitions, positions etc? There is just SO MUCH going on in MMA in real life, I have no idea how the hell it'd be possible to successfully carry that over into a MMA game and make it not just fun but also realistic.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Also, I'll just say. I never put much time into any of the UFC titles. I did enjoy them a lot, but I never play online so it'd just be me against the computer and I'd always get killed. I just never got that good at them. I've wasted hours of my life playing Fight Night round 2 on Xbox (which was not even close to realistic, but fun as fuck).. and I really, really loved Fight Night Champion and got quite good at that after a while. But, I just found the MMA games too complicated, like I said, mostly when it came to grappling.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
BlackDana @BlackDana for a guy who's twitter is mostly having a laugh. I gotta say I agree with your argument completely. And for everyone else I also see you're points but there's no point in making someone feel unwelcome here for having an opinion and giving some pretty solid points to back it up. I don't really care tbh I'm gonna buy the game simply because I enjoy the sport and think it'd be a pretty cool game...
You can have an opinion without being obnoxiously trying to pick cyber-fights with people, making ignorant comments about fighter contracts, calling people names, telling them they're fools for for their opinions, & then whining about name calling when you're the idiot who came on like a frate trane & started the whole mess.

I personally don't care how this guy feels, what he thinks, or what his Twitter account says. He can have his opinion without the shilly persona. And if insists on behaving like a Zuffaground shill, he shouldn't expect everyone welcome him with open arms. There's a reason why many of us left that forum & came to this one.

Maybe he'll see your post & figure out how it's done. Maybe he needs to check out a few Dale Carnegie books. Maybe not. Either way, I don't care. I've got that guy on ignore, which is exactly where I plan to keep him, along with a handful of other obnoxious loudmouths I don't care for. If someone else wants to be his buddy, all good, but I want nothing to do with the guy. It feels too much like the Zuffaground for my taste.

Sorry, but I don't suffer fools (or shills) lightly.

Last edited:

BlackDana

"If he dies, he dies." -Scott Coker, Dada v. Kimbo
Feb 9, 2015
I see your point, but I, respectfully, think it's an naive point of view - a scholarly idealist view, as opposed to real world.
An idealist might say, EA has nothing to do with fighter pay so punishing them is unfair. And you'd be right, it is a bit unfair to them. But trying to apply that to the real world wouldn't affect much. You could also say its unfair to cable providers if you were to boycott the PPV, or unfair to FOX if you boycotted the fox cards. In reality, there will be some collateral damage, and you just have to accept that.
Yeah I agree with that. But I'm not even saying its unfair to EA necessarily, I'm just saying boycotting the game will never increase fighter pay, so I think boycotting the game creates unnecessary damage to the sports interest in general. If boycotting the game increased fighter pay, I'd be all for it and EA can eat shit. But, I think boycotting the game can only decrease fighter pay, not increase it...As in it directly lightens the pocket of the UFC, which means they could have less money to draw from when paying fighters.

honestly idk really its mostly conjecture but this is what makes the most sense to me

Caoiltedb

Apr 21, 2015
You can have an opinion without being obnoxiously trying to pick cyber-fights with people, making ignorant comments about fighter contracts, calling people names, telling them they're fools for for their opinions, & then whining about name calling when you're the idiot who came on like a frate trane & started the whole mess.

I personally don't care how this guy feels, what he thinks, or what his Twitter account says. He can have his opinion without the shilly persona. And if insists on behaving like a Zuffaground shill, he shouldn't expect everyone welcome him with open arms. There's a reason why many of us left that forum & came to this one.

Maybe he'll see your post & figure out how it's done. Maybe he needs to check out a few Dale Carnegie books. Maybe not. Either way, I don't care. I've got that guy on ignore, which is exactly where I plan to keep him, along with a handful of other obnoxious loudmouths I don't care for. If someone else wants to be his buddy, all good, but I want nothing to do with the guy. It feels too much like the Zuffaground for my taste.

Sorry, but I don't suffer fools (or shills) lightly.
Fair enough, everyone's different I guess. I admire your passion if I'm honest. :)