VID Luke to Ariel: Khabib wants record paycheck to rematch Conor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
He's in the driver's seat like Nate was. And he'll get a big payday like Nate did.

And Khabib loses the rematch like Nate did as well.
Now that McGregor understands what it actually feels like to have Khabib on top of him, I think he will adjust and figure out some way to deal with it.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Probably similar to second Diaz fight. Don't be so aggressive, pick his shots better, point fight instead of going for the kill.
In my opinion, I didn't think he was aggressive enough in this one. His coach confirmed they focussed too much on defense and not enough offense. I felt he wasn't as crisp with his striking as he usually is and it cost him dearly in those first two rounds. To Kavanagh's point, Conor did defend rather well (considering it was against Khabib) but he was definitely shy to pull the trigger until that third round when he was already a bit spent. That overhand lob of a right hand took a lot out of him as well. I can't say I disagree with those who think Conor doesn't have "heart". When he faces adversity his level drops significantly which I think causes him issues in these more competitive fights.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Conor landed flush on Khabib 5 times or more

difference is that Khabib kept coming and didn't show fear and ate those shots up like tiramisu

M

member 3289

Now that McGregor understands what it actually feels like to have Khabib on top of him, I think he will adjust and figure out some way to deal with it.
I had to do the same thing with my ex-girlfriend when she gained 60 pounds...

Nov 21, 2015
You're right but they should be using more than basic 101 negotiation tactics.

When the huffing and puffing is over - it'll still be Team McGregor who decide terms. Posturing is one thing but delusional posturing will have Khabib back to headlining cards barely cracking 300k and making a quarter of what he made for 229.

I want Khabib to make a crazy amount of life changing money. But if they get crazy he could easily lose the paycheck of a lifetime. And I just don't ever see that type of purse ever coming back around for him without Conor.
Yeah C Mack has all the cards but like Ray Longo said his stock is falling. A few more
loses and people will stop believing in him and his leverage will lessen.

He better focus on winning his next few fights at all costs

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Khabib should ask for $10 million. UFC laughs but if he holds his ground, Conor's ego may offer the cash.

It's really the only reason for him to take that fight.

fightcity

Sep 15, 2017
Khabib has to understand that its Conor that puts butts in the seats to afford the big paychecks not him. He made his first 7 figure paycheck because of Conor not because he was a draw like he thinks. He kept saying in interviews he was a big name hes not. Most people except hard core MMA fans never heard of him before this fight or if they had they had no idea who he was or cared.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Khabib has to understand that its Conor that puts butts in the seats to afford the big paychecks not him. He made his first 7 figure paycheck because of Conor not because he was a draw like he thinks. He kept saying in interviews he was a big name hes not. Most people except hard core MMA fans never heard of him before this fight or if they had they had no idea who he was or cared.
He is huge in Russia, he’s now huge in North America.

Khabib has 12 million instagram followers. Ronda has 11.5 million. Jon Jones has 2 million. GSP has 2 million. Dana White has under 4 million. The UFC has 11.2 million.

I’m not saying Instagram proves everything but Khabib is well known.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He is huge in Russia, he’s now huge in North America.

Khabib has 12 million instagram followers. Ronda has 11.5 million. Jon Jones has 2 million. GSP has 2 million. Dana White has under 4 million. The UFC has 11.2 million.

I’m not saying Instagram proves everything but Khabib is well known.
Using IG math Conor has more than all the fighters you name combined.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
wow matt really hasn't improved his bottom game at the top level over the years. Good heart for staying in there but Really disappointed

Nov 21, 2015
Khabib should ask for $10 million. UFC laughs but if he holds his ground, Conor's ego may offer the cash.

I'd tell him and Egg pay me 1 Milly' or deal with the fact that I
whooped your ass like a child and talked shit to you while I did
it... and thats how the story ends.

Your move bitches...

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
He kept saying in interviews he was a big name hes not. Most people except hard core MMA fans never heard of him before this fight or if they had they had no idea who he was or cared.
“Ireland 6 million..Russia 150 MILLION!!”

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017

$10m?
He should have blown past $10m for #229

fightcity

Sep 15, 2017
Nothing like Jumping to conclusions. The UFC hasn't done anything to Khabib. The only thing that's happened is the NSAC is withholding his purse pending the investigation. Dana threatened to fire his teammates but nothing has happened and hes trying to use his position as leverage to save his teammates. 50 cent is blowing smoke Khabib is under contract with the UFC and he knows that. There is no way this could happen anytime soon if at all and not without major court battles which Bellator would not waste their time fighting.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Nothing like Jumping to conclusions. The UFC hasn't done anything to Khabib. The only thing that's happened is the NSAC is withholding his purse pending the investigation. Dana threatened to fire his teammates but nothing has happened and hes trying to use his position as leverage to save his teammates. 50 cent is blowing smoke Khabib is under contract with the UFC and he knows that. There is no way this could happen anytime soon if at all and not without major court battles which Bellator would not waste their time fighting.
true, but its cool to see fighters experimenting and exploring their power over the monopoly that is UFC

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Tukhugov was pulled from the Moncton card vs Lobov. That card is two weeks away. I’d say that’s doing something to his teammates.

I do agree with it though.