Lyoto Machida on Rockhold loss: 'I was really out of the fight by the end of the 1st round'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"Actually, I was really out of the fight by the end of the first round. I think he hit me in the back of my head or something, I felt an impact. From then on, I was really dizzy, I started to see things differently. I didn't have enough time to recover for the second round and came back like that. I really couldn't remember, I only remembered it a few moments afterwards. I couldn't hear anything then, I was fighting on autopilot", Machida said.

"I'll wait for an opportunity, but I think it is too early to be talking about something now. Luke deserved to win, has the merits of it, is a great fighter and I respect him," Machida concluded.

Lyoto Machida on Rockhold loss: 'I was really out of the fight by the end of the 1st round' - Bloody Elbow

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
This is why I respect Machida, among other reasons.

I wish he could've fought Romero instead, I didn't like seeing Lyoto go out like that. Great performance for Luke though.

ErikMagraken

Posting Machine
Apr 9, 2015
He really is all class. Clearly concussed by the beginning of the second round. Came out on heart alone. Machida is a great representative of the better aspects of MMA.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If he gave excuses his father would probably punish the crap out of him in the next training session. His father instilled that respect of his people's martial arts mentality.