MacDonald plans to re-sign with Bellator after deal expires

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Rory MacDonald is nearing the end of his Bellator contract, but the welterweight champion isn’t going anywhere.

MacDonald, who defends his title against Jon Fitch on Saturday at Bellator 220 in the first round of the 170-pound grand prix, said he plans on re-signing with the Viacom-backed promotion once his current deal is up. The Canadian said he has three fights left, which would take him to the end of the tournament if he makes it to the finals.

“To be honest, I’m very happy with Bellator,” MacDonald told the Pull No Punches podcast. “I love what we’ve built so far in a short amount of time. I don’t see any reason to test free agency. I…

Rory MacDonald plans to re-sign with Bellator after deal expires: ‘I don’t see any reason to test free agency’

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I like it. Bellator just needs to keep plugging away, hold onto guys like Rory while Fortune, Ruth, Storley, Pico, etc continue to make names for themselves.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Good for Bellator and good for Rory.

This is the Golden Oppertunity for Bellator to overtake the ufc, Fans are pissed at the UFC match making - Rankings - and ESPN+ deal.

The stars are aligned for Bellator - just a matter of going in for the kill!

Rory is an awesome fighter, the Mousasi matchup was very intriguing but we saw the skill differential between the two - nothing wrong with that though ...Rory won fans over by showing he has brass balls and a dick made out of steel by challenging himself and stepping up in weight to test himself against a legend in Gegard Mousasi.

Again, great deal for Bellator - great deal for Rory and a fuckin super duper deal with a cherry on top for us Fans!!!!

Woooooooooo!!!!!!

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
lol, why would you quit watching Bellator?

They are the ones actually trying to give the fans what they want..
nope.they always air their event 3 hours delayed on the west coast and this has alienated the west coast fans. it is 2019 and they are the only org that does this ufc even airs cards live from russia even if it means airing them at 7 am ,rizin also airs cards live.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
lol, why would you quit watching Bellator?

They are the ones actually trying to give the fans what they want..
nope.they always air their event 3 hours delayed on the west coast and this has alienated the west coast fans. it is 2019 and they are the only org that does this ufc even airs cards live from russia even if it means airing them at 7 am ,rizin also airs cards live.
you are both right in a way
tape delay sucks
bellator is great though, been a huge fan since day one and outdoor events(maybe just one event I dunno)

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
Love Old Macdonald. He came into the UFC and drew Joker. We all thought Rory was a sacrifice. Boy that was an eye opener.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I don’t see any reason to test free agency.
Terrible move. Even if his intentions are to sign with Bellator it's a horrible move to not keep them honest by seeing what the UFC, OneFC, and Rizin would offer.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
DAZN has all events live
So does directv, dish network ,and any tv streaming service with paramount network.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
DAZN has all events live
So does directv, dish network ,and any tv streaming service with paramount network.
I have charter spectrum they use a 3 hour delay,might have to check out dazn tho on the fire stick.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I hope we get to see him a little more frequently. He's maybe the 4th or 5th best WW active, but it's unlikely he'll ever enter the conversation for #1 if he doesn't totally dominate this tournament.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I’ll believe it when I see it. Rory is one of the few humans on planet Earth who would break in the Lawler 2 fight. He doesn’t just want to be a champion, he wants to be the best. The best are primarily in the UFC, but that is a fact when considering WW. I predict “Waterboy” / “Ares” / “The Red King” will go back to the UFC to try to challenge his generation of possible opponents