Mackenzie Dern inspired to win two UFC belts, become MMA 'Hall of Famer'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

There's been no word on a deal between Mackenzie Dern and the UFC but the 23-year-old is adamant that she will become a two-division UFC champion like Conor McGregor.

Dern, who extended her win streak to 3-0 at LFA 50 on Friday, beating Katherine Roy via unanimous decision in her third professional MMA fight, told MMA Fighting that she wants to follow in the Irishman's footsteps.

"I’ll try to follow (Conor) McGregor’s footsteps,” Dern said in a recent interview. "The best in the world always have goals to achieve."

"I think that if the UFC has a 125-pound division, I’d like to fight in that division too, see if I feel good there,” she continued. "But I think that my…

Mackenzie Dern inspired to win two UFC belts like McGregor

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Hasn't she missed weight twice? Becoming a two division champ means showing up to compete in a division.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
She needs to fight better competition (No one in the UFC is going to use the helicopter spin as an offensive move), win more fights and make weight before she talks about getting two belts.

If she continues missing weight she'll only be able to qualify as the rumble weight champ.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Hasn't she missed weight twice? Becoming a two division champ means showing up to compete in a division.
She's just been splitting the difference as a means to indicate her desire to compete in both divisions. ~ Kellyanne Conway

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
"I need to get used to keeping my weight closer to 115. My body is different than the other strawweights."

LOL at "different." She needs to focus less on faking an accent and more on proper dieting. I'm watching her fight now. She has rolls of fat covering her lats and looks to be around 30% BF. Difficult to compete at a high level that way if you're not a HW.

Last edited:

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
She lost 1.8lbs in an hour.. she just stopped trying to make 115. She's pulling a Carano with the 115 division.

The 125lb division is something zuffa needed to make before the 145lb. So many match ups that can be made there.