Magny dominates Lawler, wins decision at UFC Fight Night

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Neil Magny defeated former champion Robbie Lawler via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) in the welterweight co-main event of UFC Fight Night on Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.

Magny moved into second place on the UFC welterweight all-time wins list at 17. He's only two victories behind former titleholder Georges St-Pierre, who sits at the top with 19.

Magny dominated Lawler from start to finish. Lawler initiated a takedown attempt in the early moments of the contest, but Magny immediately reversed it and took control. Magny had a noticeable size advantage over his opponent, which allowed him to sit on top of Lawler during the majority of the first round.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Lawler should never lose to Magny if he was the Robbie I remember and watched.
I didn’t watch the fight but meh should have walked through Magny

Someone correct me if I’m wrong

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
They showed the punch stats after the fight and it was something like 17 total for Lawler and over 100 for Magny. I only got to see the last minute of the second round, then the full 3rd, but my mind was blown that he simply wasn't pulling the trigger. Magny just kept popping him with the long jab and stopping the forward momentum. On top of that I'm looking at their names, and they have rankings next to the name, and Lawler is ranked 13 or some shit? What has this world come to? I had no idea that he slipped that far into the rankings (not that UFC rankings are valid).

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
If one can be ruthless, I say one can be ruthfull. Robbie is now ruthfull.