Maia beats Askren

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
K1 Maia beats Askren.

K1 Maia pieced up Colby and Usman on the feet before gassing out. Took a round off Woodley as well. He'll gas out vs Askren too, but Ben's standup is so shit that it won't matter.

T

The Big Guy

If maia chose to strike and didnt attempt TDs against the cage for 5 rounds i could see him winning a 30-27

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
People Askren can beat at the top of the current roster:

Marty

People Askren needs to beat to be champ and then retire:

Marty

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
People Askren can beat at the top of the current roster:

Marty

People Askren needs to beat to be champ and then retire:

Marty
Dana's not going to give him a shot at the belt that easily. Askren will have to win two fights. I think once Wonderboy takes Pettis out, that's who they'll put up against Askren if he outright refuses to rematch Lawler.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
K1 Maia beats Askren.

K1 Maia pieced up Colby and Usman on the feet before gassing out. Took a round off Woodley as well. He'll gas out vs Askren too, but Ben's standup is so shit that it won't matter.
This might actually be true.... There's video of Marcello Garcia straight up molesting Askren. I see no reason why Maia couldn't.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Dana's not going to give him a shot at the belt that easily. Askren will have to win two fights. I think once Wonderboy takes Pettis out, that's who they'll put up against Askren if he outright refuses to rematch Lawler.
Wonderboy lacks the killer instinct needed to beat Askren.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
This might actually be true.... There's video of Marcello Garcia straight up molesting Askren. I see no reason why Maia couldn't.
That's why it's such a problematic matchup for Askren. It's not like Maia can't be offensively outwrestled, as Munoz and Weidman showed at 185, but Maia stood up pretty easily and both of those guys struggled to keep him down and were outstruck at times, with Munoz nearly getting KOd and Weidman only having the slight striking edge. Shields got the nod against Maia but A) he didn't actually win and B) he surprisingly was able to match Maia's BJJ, not his wrestling.

Nobody aside from Munoz, has ever successfully gone in with the gameplan of just outwresling Maia and that was a qualified success at best. The gameplan to beat Maia at 170 has always been to stop Maia's TD and beat him on the feet, not fuck around on the ground with him. For good reason.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Shit sorry, bro. Just bumped into you.

K1 Askren actually did Ok.

Keung

Banned
Jun 28, 2017
Yeah sure.. keep spreading that gospel as truth.

Anyone with a brain knows that askren won the fight had it gone the distance and it wasn't even close.

All the takedowns and uppercuts landed had the fight in the money bag son

I truly believe some fookery was going on.

Was he paid to give up his back .. most likely .

But hey I guess you know more then me .m right champ . You feeling good sheep

LOL at this CLOWN .

Diaz beat Condit .. 1,2,5

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Anyone with a brain knows that askren won the fight had it gone the distance and it wasn't even close.

LOL at this CLOWN .

he didnt look like he won when he was sleeping in the middle of the ring

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
you know who really won? me . i won by sleeping thru this entire card
I woke up and was like damn an early card...main card starts at 9 am...hmnnnn....guess I will watch it with some coffee
Glad it was 9 am eastern and I missed it

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I woke up and was like damn an early card...main card starts at 9 am...hmnnnn....guess I will watch it with some coffee
Glad it was 9 am eastern and I missed it
there was no way i was getting up at 5 am (130 for prelims) to watch maia fight askren. that would have put me right back to sleep

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
How the fuck has Askren made it this far ? He is the most awkward looking cunt to have ever fought in mma
He fought total cans. He's 0-3 in the UFC and I assume done. I actually hope he fights some some no-name that Dana hands him for an easy win. And goes nighty night again for the 4th time in 4 fights.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

LOL at this CLOWN .

You got the receipts?