General Make millions selling digital art apparently

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
wtf is this

How it works:
Most crypto assets are like dollars, or stocks: They're fungible, which means that one bitcoin, or share of IBM, is worth exactly the same as any other bitcoin, or share of IBM. NFTs, by contrast, are non-fungible tokens: They're unique objects that live on a blockchain and are valued as collectors' items.

• By the numbers: Nyan Cat sold for 300 ETH (the Ethereum cryptocurrency), or about $580,000 at the time the bid was entered on Feb. 19. An artist going by the moniker "Beeple" sold 20 artworks for $3.5 million in December, and has consigned a major digital work to auction house Christie's in an online auction that will end on March 11.
  • One fake Banksy, by an artist calling themselves Pest Supply, sold for more than 60 ETH, or about $100,000. The artwork featured a stencil saying "I can't believe you morons actually buy this NFT shit." It's not clear where or how the buyer could resell the work, given that the Opensea platform has now disabled all future sales by that artist.
  • A short clip of a LeBron James dunk from 2019 sold for $208,000, on a day when more than 20,000 buyers spent more than $45 million in total buying NBA TopShot clips.

f

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Holy shit, have we been memeing and gifing for free like a bunch of mo mo's?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Somewhere on this site I have posted my own Picasso drawings.

If someone made millions off of those I'm gonna be pissed.