Man convicted of killing Ryan Jimmo receives eight year sentence

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

In an Edmonton, AB, courtroom last week, Anthony Getschel, 26, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in connection to the hit-and-run killing of UFC veteran Ryan Jimmo, 34. Jimmo was killed on June 26th, 2016 after an altercation with Getschel and his friend, Jordan Wagner, 23, close to the H20 Lounge on Whyte Avenue in Edmonton.

On Monday morning Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Paul Belzil handed Getschel a six year prison sentence for manslaughter and an additional two years for fleeing the scene. Justice Belzil called the death of Jimmo a “complete tragedy” and that “One man died for nothing. Absolutely nothing.”

Driver who admitted to killing UFC veteran Ryan Jimmo sentenced to eight years in prison

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's average for a manslaughter, given that he got +2 years for fleeing.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So he tailgated Ryan so badly that Ryan pulled over and said something that turned into a fight threat, then Ryan walked away and this POS ran him down like a dog, killing him, and is getting only 8 years for it? WTF is going on in Canada?!?!?!? He fucking intentionally murdered him with his car, hid evidence and fled the scene. But...

When sentencing Getschel, Belzil cited Getschel’s lack of a criminal record and the fact he turned himself into authorities within 48 hours of the crime. Belzil also cited Getschel’s steady employment and stable relationships as a reason behind the eight year sentence.

So, according to the judge, that's enough to wipe away intentional murder??? This POS was cruising for trouble all night, found it and then committed murder but because he has a steady job and no criminal record that's ok...

Disgraceful

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Honestly that is 5 years more than i expected him to get up here in canada.i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a massive reduction for time spent on remand.usually that counts as double time

Nov 21, 2015
This sentencing is a joke.

Also why I warn my friends who train not to be too over confident
when shit pops off in the street. No one is gonna fight you
fair. You can learn all the self defense you want.

Punks like this will never fight you fairly

I couldn't jiu jitsu my way out a paper bag but I roll around
with 2 Dogo Argentinos. I feel sorry for the guy that "trains"
that runs up on me trying to square up.