Man finds what looks like a deep-fried rat in his KFC order

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
A man named Devorise Dixon was prepared to tuck into a meal from KFC when he was shocked to discover that his breaded chicken tender looked more like, well, a rat, breaded tail and all. Naturally disgusted, Dixon photographed the offending tender and the photos have since gone viral.

Is this real? You have to hand it to him, for a piece of supposed chicken that looks disturbingly rat-like. And it doesn’t take a lot of imagination to picture a hungry rodent prowling around KFC’s deep fat fryer and taking an unfortunate slip into the bath.

It’s so grotesque that you almost want to believe that it’s true and it calls to mind the decade-old case of the deep-friend chicken head found in a McDonald’s order.

According to The Mirror, Dixon wrote:

“As I bit into it I noticed that it was very hard and rubbery which made me look at it. As I looked down at it I noticed that it was was in a shape of a rat with a tail.

“It sent deep chills throughout my whole body! I’ve been feeling weird ever since. It’s time for a lawyer, be safe don’t eat fast food!”

That being said it would be fairly easy to determine whether this is rat or chicken by simply slicing into it and looking for fur and bones and so forth. And while it’s certainly compelling overall this looks more like a rat-shaped piece of chicken than a rat-shaped piece of rat.

However, while you should take this story with a healthy grain of MSG, it’s certainly not beyond the realm of possibility considering that instances of KFC being INFESTED WITH RATS have been documented in the past.

Bon appetit.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I expected a breaded snitch...bummer

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Kentucky Fried Rat. It has a ring to it. May be time for me to get in the fast food game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Thousands of people are showing support for a guy who claims KFC fed him a rubbery deep-fried rat
  • Dixon, 25, says he ordered a three-piece chicken-tender meal from a local KFC in Compton, California, on Thursday. When he bit into one of the tenders, he said, he knew something was off.

"It was very hard and rubbery, which made me look at it," he wrote with the original photo. "As I looked down at it I noticed that it was was in a shape of a rat with a tail."

Here is the full caption in all its caps-lock glory:

DON'T EAT FAST FOOD!!! I WENT TO KFC YESTERDAY AND BOUGHT A 3PIECE CHICKEN TENDER. AS I BIT INTO IT I NOTICED THAT IT WAS VERY HARD AND RUBBERY WHICH MADE ME LOOK AT IT. AS I LOOKED DOWN AT IT I NOTICED THAT IT WAS WAS IN A SHAPE OF A RAT WITH A TAIL. IT SENT DEEP CHILLS THROUGHOUT MY WHOLE BODY! I'VE BEEN FEELING WEIRD EVER SINCE. I BOUGHT THIS IN COMPTON, CA ON WILMINGTON AND 120TH. I'VE NEVER SEEN CHICKEN LIKE THIS BEFORE ITS SICK!!!

Since Dixon's original post, more than 4,200 people around the world have friended Dixon on Facebook and flooded his wall with praise and support.

Facebook

Dixon then wrote to his new audience that he went back to KFC on Friday and complained to the store manager, who he claimed said it was a rat and apologized.

He also posted a video to his timeline.

KFC has responded on Facebook to Dixon on Tuesday to say it had made multiple attempts to contact him and that there was no evidence to support his allegation.

KFC confirmed to Business Insider that it had reached out to Dixon and that it requested he send the chicken to an independent lab to evaluate the product. It said he refused to talk to the restaurant chain directly or through an attorney.

He also is said to have refused to turn over the "rat."

Even without KFC's comments, though, the situation appears suspicious. First and foremost, there's a crack in the breading where you can see the white meat underneath.

Devoriso Dixon/Facebook

The crack is even clearer in these pictures:

Devoriso Dixon/Facebook

There is also a noticeable lack of any bones Dixon would have bitten into if he had taken a bite of the skull as he says.

KFC also sent Business Insider a picture of what it looks like turned over, where you can clearly see the white meat poking through.

Courtesy of KFC

The tail looks fishy, but it could be another strip of chicken or a chicken skin that was accidentally fried.

Business Insider has reached out to Dixon and will update if we hear back.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
As soon as he won't send it to get tested, so he could win a lawsuit for shitloads of money, and he refused to talk to their reps, yeah calling bullshit.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
**UPDATE**

A lab has CONFIRMED that the ‘KFC fried rat’ is definitely chicken
Megan Willett-Wei

chicken is a rat

Devoriso Dixon/Facebook
Last week, the world collectively gagged when a man in California claimed KFC had served him a “deep fried rat.” Now, an independent lab has proven that the "rat" was just chicken.

The so-called rat was allegedly found in Devorise Dixon’s three-piece chicken-tender meal from a KFC in Compton, California.

Business Insider wrote that the situation was highly suspicious and that the product in question was most likely a chicken tender that was merely shaped like a rat.

In fact, in certain images, we could see white meat poking through. There was also a lack of any limbs, bones, or any other evidence aside from the shape that the product was indeed a “rat.”

And now the lab has confirmed that the thing Dixon found in his chicken-tender meal was, in fact, chicken.

Here’s the official statement from KFC:

Recently, a customer questioned the quality of a KFC product, and this received considerable publicity given the sensational nature of his claim. The product has now been tested by a third-party independent lab, which confirmed it is definitely a piece of chicken, as we knew all along. The right thing for this customer to do is to apologize and cease making false claims about the KFC brand.

The lab work was done over the weekend after Dixon’s attorney turned over the chicken tender on Friday. KFC had repeatedly reached out and made requests of Dixon to take the “rat” to an independent party.

KFC would not comment to Business Insider on the possibility that they threatened any legal action against Dixon, or if the fast food company will pursue any defamation suits. A spokesperson for the company said they were “reviewing all options at this point.”

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I honestly haven't eaten at KFC since I saw this thread

I don't care if "it tastes like chicken"

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
**UPDATE**

A lab has CONFIRMED that the ‘KFC fried rat’ is definitely chicken
Megan Willett-Wei

chicken is a rat

Devoriso Dixon/Facebook
Last week, the world collectively gagged when a man in California claimed KFC had served him a “deep fried rat.” Now, an independent lab has proven that the "rat" was just chicken.

The so-called rat was allegedly found in Devorise Dixon’s three-piece chicken-tender meal from a KFC in Compton, California.

Business Insider wrote that the situation was highly suspicious and that the product in question was most likely a chicken tender that was merely shaped like a rat.

In fact, in certain images, we could see white meat poking through. There was also a lack of any limbs, bones, or any other evidence aside from the shape that the product was indeed a “rat.”

And now the lab has confirmed that the thing Dixon found in his chicken-tender meal was, in fact, chicken.

Here’s the official statement from KFC:

Recently, a customer questioned the quality of a KFC product, and this received considerable publicity given the sensational nature of his claim. The product has now been tested by a third-party independent lab, which confirmed it is definitely a piece of chicken, as we knew all along. The right thing for this customer to do is to apologize and cease making false claims about the KFC brand.

The lab work was done over the weekend after Dixon’s attorney turned over the chicken tender on Friday. KFC had repeatedly reached out and made requests of Dixon to take the “rat” to an independent party.

KFC would not comment to Business Insider on the possibility that they threatened any legal action against Dixon, or if the fast food company will pursue any defamation suits. A spokesperson for the company said they were “reviewing all options at this point.”
Not buying it bud
Lets get some 4th party testing to remove bias from the equation