Manager: Demetrious Johnson, Dana White have ‘buried the hatchet’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

According to Johnson’s manager, Malki Kawa, the UFC president and ‘Mighty Mouse’ resolved their issues at a meeting over the weekend at UFC 214.

“It went great…it went well,” Kawa told Ariel Helwani on the latest episode of The MMA Hour.

“DJ fights on Sept. 9 against Ray Borg, he’ll break the (UFC title defense) record and then we’ll move onto something else and try to get him into some big fights.

“We’re going to make the right moves for DJ and help DJ reach the goals that he wants to reach”

Kawa stated “misunderstanding and miscommunication” led to the public back and forth between White and Johnson, but after the meeting, they have “buried the hatchet”.

“Yeah, they buried the hatchet,” he said. “Dana told DJ how he felt about some stuff and DJ told Dana how he felt about some stuff. They buried the hatchet.

“There was a lot of misunderstanding and miscommunication. There were are a lot of different parties involved, I thought I would bring the two of them together and get this thing right.

“It worked well. I’m expecting this to work out in DJ’s favor in the long run. I think he will be very happy and I think UFC will be very happy with him.”

Manager: Demetrious Johnson, Dana White have ‘buried the hatchet’

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
"I'm expecting this to work out in Dj's favor in the long run"

Translation: We got sat down and achieved nothing.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Is he still fighting Ray Borg and not Dillashaw? If so, nothing was accomplished.

And Dana White is being uncharacteristically "burying the hatchet with people." Far sooner than he would have. Woodley, DJ and Cyborg? Either the BLAF is sick (fatally so) or WME has asked him what he actually does there, Office Space Style.