Manhoef should hang em up

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Don't get me wrong, I love watching Melvin fight but between kickboxing and MMA he has taken massive amounts of damage. Numerous concussion KO's.

Pretty similar to Wand and how Chuck were at the end of his career. His chin just fails him too often and he will suffer later in life if he doesn't stop soon.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Agreed. Hate to see the guy really bad off 10 years from now. Get out while the getting is good.

Rico_Cutler

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
His chin is gone but that was a pretty solid back hand that caught him right on the jaw. I felt the same way about Overeem and Arlovski and Wand at one point and they still got some wins in aftewards. He could be suffering long term damage though. He falls straight back with his arms out and it dont look good.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dude put on some SAVAGE fights. It'll be a sad day when he does hang them up. His son is fighting, I believe maybe he will carry the torch!

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Sadly this boat sailed a while ago. He gets put to sleep every other fight.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Yeah it was kind of time a few years ago , hes been a glass cannon for long while now. Big time respect for Melvin though, so many holy shit moments over the years, win or lose he is always exciting to watch.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Diddnt catch the fights last night, seems my fears came true

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think he should just stick to kickboxing, he looked really chubby last night normally he is shredded i dont know if it was a higherweight class or just less juice because of testing.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Agreed. It is probably time to call it quits. He is still a beast and can beat most guys if he hits them clean, but he just doesn't seem to take them like he did in the past. Maybe I was reading too much into it, but it looked like he was being conservative last night, at least by his standards, and his lights still got turned off. I didn't know his son was fighting, maybe he can just corner him and help him along. For some reason I doubt he will retire though. He seems like he would fight again tonight if it could get sanctioned.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Tiiimmmaaayyy;n20098 said:
Agreed. It is probably time to call it quits. He is still a beast and can beat most guys if he hits them clean, but he just doesn't seem to take them like he did in the past. Maybe I was reading too much into it, but it looked like he was being conservative last night, at least by his standards, and his lights still got turned off. I didn't know his son was fighting, maybe he can just corner him and help him along. For some reason I doubt he will retire though. He seems like he would fight again tonight if it could get sanctioned.
Yeah for sure he was taking it slow but Storm is very unpredictable on the feet and he knows better than anyone his threshold for damage isn't there anymore .

Problem is the shot that got him he was moving away from, still a good shot though and it was forearm he got cracked with.

He is still getting good paydays so I'd say you are right, every time I watch him fight now its just a waiting game to see him in zombie mode again though, getting harder to watch...

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
agreed, not sure I can stomach him getting KTFO again.

He doesn't seem like he takes long enough breaks between fights when he get concussed either,