Marina Shafir

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Her footwork was terrible and it cost her. She put herself in bad positioning, couldn't use her hands and then tried a grappling move that requires her to not protect her face.

She needs a new manager who will get her proper fights and groom her as she grows.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Just watched the fight, should be a nc. Leibrock held that fence and you can see how she used it to keep position.

Fiend

Evil All The Time
Feb 3, 2015
It always bothered me on TUF when Shayna lost and Ronda was flipping off Miesha, Marina was too. I thought was very disrepectful from Marina cause if she can't beat these less experienced fighters, Miesha could've fucked her up.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
She moved to csw and is working hard. She's had 3 pro fights and you guys are calling for her to quit? Sad.
Yes but her mouth was that of an undefeated fighter who had 10 fights. She should never have been given the rousey gift card. I am sorry but its true. She needs to return to regional fights and see if distancing from the rousey name will gain her success, but being a groupie that wants to fight just aint workingout

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
Just watched the fight, should be a nc. Leibrock held that fence and you can see how she used it to keep position.
Maybe going for an ankle lock or a heel hook in that situation was a poor choice. Do any of the horsewomen train with Rousey. They are horrible.

DreamerMMA

Jul 1, 2015
Marina did well in Tuffnuff, but was maybe rushed along because of her association with Honda.

She still needs some serious training, but people will still watch her fight with a losing record because of her name just like Kaitlin Young. But she won't be hitting any big pay days unless something changes.

If she is in it because she loves to fight, then the sport still has room for her. If she wants Honda money, she better get a Hollywood agent and protect her pretty face.
Yeah, she was crushing people at TUFF-N-UFF. Some serious talent at TNU and they regularly send male and female fighters to the UFC and Invicta. Everyone knew striking was her weakness, hopefully she fixes it because her ground game is legit.

TUFF-N-UFF did not rush her along due to any association. She was simply destroying their fighters and needed to move on to the pro leagues. I think the issue is that she then jumped right to the big leagues once she went pro and rode a wave of confidence to disaster.

I work with TUFF-N-UFF and was good friends with the late Barry Meyer. They try really hard not to push people too hard or too fast from everything I've seen.

I tell young fighters this all the time. MMA is a shark tank at all levels, some of the most dangerous fighters are people with an 0-0 record you know nothing about as they could have a successful career in other combat sports or have been marinating in a gym for years. That being what it is, the shark tank gets much more frightening at the advanced amateur and lower tier professional leagues. Too many fighters have a lot of success at these early stages and then jump right into the deep end of the pool only to get eaten.

Confidence is a dual edged sword and should be tempered with humility.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Does she participate in any grappling tourneys? That's a good option for her while she works on her striking and fight IQ

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah, she was crushing people at TUFF-N-UFF. Some serious talent at TNU and they regularly send male and female fighters to the UFC and Invicta. Everyone knew striking was her weakness, hopefully she fixes it because her ground game is legit.

TUFF-N-UFF did not rush her along due to any association. She was simply destroying their fighters and needed to move on to the pro leagues. I think the issue is that she then jumped right to the big leagues once she went pro and rode a wave of confidence to disaster.

I work with TUFF-N-UFF and was good friends with the late Barry Meyer. They try really hard not to push people too hard or too fast from everything I've seen.

I tell young fighters this all the time. MMA is a shark tank at all levels, some of the most dangerous fighters are people with an 0-0 record you know nothing about as they could have a successful career in other combat sports or have been marinating in a gym for years. That being what it is, the shark tank gets much more frightening at the advanced amateur and lower tier professional leagues. Too many fighters have a lot of success at these early stages and then jump right into the deep end of the pool only to get eaten.

Confidence is a dual edged sword and should be tempered with humility.
I definitely don't think Tuffnuff rushed her. I love the promotion and used to buy DVD's from them back in the day before they had a YouTube channel. They are great.