Welcome to Our Community

Registering Now takes less than 60 seconds and gives you access to additional features. Register now to dismiss this and other notices.

Mark Hunt on Brock Lesnar-UFC lawsuit: ‘This s*** is going all the way’

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by Wild, May 18, 2017.

1. Wild

Wild TMMAC's most handsome Admin
    Admin

Ratings:
    +86,980
    [​IMG]

Much like Michael Bisping, Mark Hunt has made something of a career out of fighting people who have either failed drug tests or incriminated themselves over potential PED use at some point in their career.

Maybe that comes as no surprise for a guy who spent his early MMA years in PRIDE, but things have hardly been better in the UFC. Whether it’s his debut against Sean McCorkle, subsequent fights with Ben Rothwell and Antonio Silva, or his most recent run against Frank Mir, Brock Lesnar, and Alistair Overeem, half of Hunt’s fights in the Octagon carry…

Hunt says Lesnar/UFC lawsuit ‘is going all the way’

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Wild

Admin

Ratings:
    +86,980
  3. Wild

Admin

Ratings:
    +86,980
    “Do I want it to go to discovery? Yeah, of course I want it to go to discovery. Like I said, this shit is going all the way. These guys are gonna have to make this right, and not just with me, but with every fighter’s contract. I want the Mark Hunt clause put in their contract. I want every fighter’s contract to put in – if you are juicing, all their money should go to the other guy. If you’re both juicing, none of you guys should get money. People say, well why don’t you take 80 percent, blah blah blah? I say, okay, so me losing my life is 80 percent worth? No. They shouldn’t get anything. Cheaters don’t deserve any sort of money. He knew. These guys that cheat know that they’re gonna get into a fight three or four months down the track, so they premeditatedly know that they’re gonna fight, so they cheat. So it’s like someone trying to rob a bank. They’re planning it out, they premeditate, they go rob the bank and they get the money. It’s like what these juice heads are doing with fighting.”

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. nuraknu

nuraknu idk

Ratings:
    +4,732
    I have mixed feelings about how Hunt handled the whole situation, but even if he loses the lawsuit, I would love to see the evidence that comes out, and I love that someone is willing to go this far to challenge the status quo. This is what they need on a bunch of issues.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. ShakaSway

ShakaSway The Unintentional Voice of Reason

Ratings:
    +1,181
    Mark Hunt clause. I like it. Gotta nip the cheaters where they care, and thats the bank.

While you're at it, add in a clause that they can't grab a towel during weigh ins. Yup, I'm gonna keep bringing that blatant cheating up, too.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Wild

Admin

Ratings:
    +86,980
    The fact that the UFC has seemingly ignored what Mark is proposing is crazy to me. It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. You get popped and your entire purse + bonus $ goes to your opponent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Rambo John J

Rambo John J First 100
    First 100

Ratings:
    +9,636
    Biggest balls in the UFC
    Huntoo is the freaking man and 100% justified

Should be commended for this shit

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ShakaSway

ShakaSway The Unintentional Voice of Reason

Ratings:
    +1,181
    Sad really. It would fix a lot of things real fast. Then again this is the same company who said GSP was weird for wanting to do drug testing more extensively, but I don't own a 7 billion dollar business for half value. So what do I know

9. Combo

Combo Active Member

Ratings:
    +586
    Hunt is a proper idiot, he KNEW what he was getting himself into.

Did he think that Brock was going to come back for ONE fight and be as clean as a whistle?

I'd be more pissed off, if I was him, that I thought roiders in the UFC and they was still allowed to continue fighting in the org!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. benjo0101

benjo0101 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,085
    It's tricky. The playing field may not neutralise. Fighters will move to organisations that don't have the clause as the risk is too high. If you fail but are then cleared do you get the money back etc. The risk of a false positive will put off even the clean guys. It would me. Scary thought.

Until it's a global thing I don't think we will see it. Maybe start with 50%.

Not to mention the incentive for you to make your opponent test positive. Not that I'm saying that would happen but suddenly we might start getting those accusations.

This is where mma would benefit from a neutral central body that can arbitrate decisions. A fighters union would actually also help as a balancing act.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted