Marvel's The Punisher

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Punisher made Daredevil for me. I hope the series lives up to my expectations.

I dont think I have looked more forward to a Marvel series.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Jon Bernthal wouldn't have been my first choice. But I have to admit he's takeing to the part well.

I'm Hyped for this!
Might have to actually buy a netflix subscription and stop bumming off my cousin's.

:D

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Can't watch the trailer right now, and I haven't watched the Defenders yet, but fingers crossed they kept Elektra out of it. Annoying in the comics, annoying in the DD show. I kind of remember her being ok in the Affleck movie, but I haven't watched it in a few years.

My fave DD pairings in the comics were Echo and Black Widow.

I really loved the Punisher in DD. I agree with Freeloading Rusty @MC Gusto. He saved the second season of DD for me. The way they did the other storyline was pretty terrible.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Can't watch the trailer right now, and I haven't watched the Defenders yet, but fingers crossed they kept Elektra out of it. Annoying in the comics, annoying in the DD show. I kind of remember her being ok in the Affleck movie, but I haven't watched it in a few years.

My fave DD pairings in the comics were Echo and Black Widow.

I really loved the Punisher in DD. I agree with Freeloading Rusty @MC Gusto. He saved the second season of DD for me. The way they did the other storyline was pretty terrible.
She has a big role in The Defenders

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
The only thing I don't like about the Punisher is the guns, and I never have liked that.
Personally I find he's a super boring character. His backstory and motivation couldn't be more simple.
And all he does is fight with some form of gang and kills them.
I don't see how they can carry a compelling story for 13 episodes.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Personally I find he's a super boring character. His backstory and motivation couldn't be more simple.
Which is what makes him relatable.
It proves you don't need to be a Alien, Go through freak accident, or trained by ninjas to be somesort of hero.

He defines what a Anti-Hero is.
Away for the conventional heroic attributes and more of what this day age of hero would be.

I've always liked him over any overpowered fantasy hero.

But that's just me.

Hope you give it a shot bro.
If they put the production value and story telling skills in those few episodes of DD and expand on it.

I don't see how it can possibly be bad.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Which is what makes him relatable.
It proves you don't need to be a Alien, Go through freak accident, or trained by ninjas to be somesort of hero.

He defines what a Anti-Hero is.
Away for the conventional heroic attributes and more of what this day age of hero would be.

I've always liked him over any overpowered fantasy hero.

But that's just me.

Hope you give it a shot bro.
If they put the production value and story telling skills in those few episodes of DD and expand on it.

I don't see how it can possibly be bad.

I don't see what they can expand on aside from his kill count. The sad monologue was done.
I understand people like the "relatable anti-hero" angle but for me his blanket solution of kill everyone got old.
He's better served as a cameo character like at the end of Daredevil season 2. I just don't see how he carries a solo season.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
I don't see what they can expand on aside from his kill count. The sad monologue was done.
I understand people like the "relatable anti-hero" angle but for me his blanket solution of kill everyone got old.
He's better served as a cameo character like at the end of Daredevil season 2. I just don't see how he carries a solo season.
It's to been seen I guess.

I value your opinion bro.
I inspire to be at the level of nerd that you are.
(Complement)

I've seen on another thread you recommended The Defenders.

So I'm gonna check that out soon.
Just waiting till I have the time to binge watch the whole season.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
It's to been seen I guess.

I value your opinion bro.
I inspire to be at the level of nerd that you are.
(Complement)

I've seen on another thread you recommended The Defenders.

So I'm gonna check that out soon.
Just waiting till I have the time to binge watch the whole season.
For sure. Definitely a wait and see.

I come off jaded but I hope anyone who likes Punisher enjoys the show.

Thanks for the kind words. The knowledge comes with time. It's been my number one hobby for many years.

Absolutely recommend The Defenders. I know a lot of people didn't like Iron Fist but I think even those people will like The Defenders.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
New trailer you maniacs

Beat me to it. Thanks bro.

So what are your thoughts?

I love that they aren't really following the MCU and going off script with some gritty dark action. Just the way it should be imo.

I'm pretty hyped about it.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Beat me to it. Thanks bro.

So what are your thoughts?

I love that they aren't really following the MCU and going off script with some gritty dark action. Just the way it should be imo.

I'm pretty hyped about it.

Syncing the action to match "One" had me in tears laughing.
Still not convinced they can pull off a full entertaining season but like I've said I find punisher to be a super boring character.
I'm pretty jaded but I'll still give it a chance.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I'm stoked....the punisher has always been a favourite of mine but I like anti heroes more than the traditional heroes, if done right it is more relatable...

Like Penance in marvel.

Being a "hero" 100% of the time takes something out of you.

The punisher is vengeance embodied....eye for an eye and all that.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
He's a much more violent Batman. How can you not love the Punisher? He battles humans and super villains alike, & the only thing super human about him is his will. That's power.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
He's a much more violent Batman. How can you not love the Punisher? He battles humans and super villains alike, & the only thing super human about him is his will. That's power.
I read superhero comics because they have a fantasy aspect that's an escape for me.
Punisher doesn't have that. He's a basic and repetitive character.
All I've read of him is him killing gangs. That's not interesting to me.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I read superhero comics because they have a fantasy aspect that's an escape for me.
Punisher doesn't have that. He's a basic and repetitive character.
All I've read of him is him killing gangs. That's not interesting to me.
If that's all you've read him doing you haven't read enough.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I've read Punisher Max: Vol 1 and 2 within the last year. I can lend them to you if you'd like.
The Garth Ennis stuff right?

Maybe it's been too long since I read them but I recall those being what I'm talking about. I'll have to pull them out and have a look.