Masvidal calls out Matt Brown(and the UFC)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Good rebuttal if he was accused of coasting, which I guess in a way he was. I blame him partially. He should've been more aggressive and it's not like Al was fighting backwards, rounds 2 and 3 Al kept pushing forward.

I think Jorge's response is to make up for his coasting, not act like he never did.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jesus, excuses for coasting now? He did coast against Iaquinta and it wasn't because Al didn't push him. Al came forward the entire fight.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I like Masvidal, and think he's a great fighter. I didn't see his most recent fight, but I understand he doesn't have the build or youth to bombard some of these guys, or the style to "want" to take them down and ride it out, even though he has in the past.
Well, he's also been screwed in the past, and they keep giving him relative no-names instead of rematches. Like many UFC fighters, you lose, you go to the back for years on end.
So in that regard, I don't blame him for what they call coasting.
And I'd like to see him vs. a Matt Brown type guy, who will keep coming and bang.
Unfortunately the UFC has created this model, so they can't really bitch about it imo.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
He got on his bike and was content to win the decision. Look at his record and how many decisions he has won in recent years

I am a fan since I saw him fighting for Kimbo. But, if a fighter is content to play the points game and to circle around the cage for an entire round... They are the ones taking that chance. He could have at least been more active. No sympathy. It's not like Ninja vs Rampage where it was completely obvious that the wrong guy won.

You take that chance when you ease up and say "I'm ahead on points so I can just do what I want and not engage now"

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
IMO
He beat Al easily
And he might just pick apart Brown as well

First part of fighting is Defense and the second part is damage inflicted. Jorge excels in both with flying colors.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
IMO
He beat Al easily
And he might just pick apart Brown as well

First part of fighting is Defense and the second part is damage inflicted. Jorge excels in both with flying colors.
And man is he unreal tough.

That's street....