General Mathmagic billiards applied to eight- and nine-ball (diamonds)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Has anyone done it? Does anyone DO it (consciously)? What can you say about it?

I was watching Donald in Mathmagic Land with my son and I have to know. The pool game I have on my phone times the turns, even if you're in a practice game with yourself, so I haven't been able to really do it. I used to play real pool in my grandma's basement when I was a kid, but her table was basically destroyed, and pool halls cost money, so it's been a while.

View: https://youtu.be/PvceKeHl0Sg#t=16m48s

I linked to the beginning of the three-cushion billiards segment, but the diamond math part starts a few minutes later, about 19:30.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Has anyone done it? Does anyone DO it (consciously)? What can you say about it?

I was watching Donald in Mathmagic Land with my son and I have to know. The pool game I have on my phone times the turns, even if you're in a practice game with yourself, so I haven't been able to really do it. I used to play real pool in my grandma's basement when I was a kid, but her table was basically destroyed, and pool halls cost money, so it's been a while.

View: https://youtu.be/PvceKeHl0Sg#t=16m48s

I linked to the beginning of the three-cushion billiards segment, but the diamond math part starts a few minutes later, about 19:30.
im not understanding ur question, but i think i like it

is this an alternate type of game to play? seems fun

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
You're wondering if there is a diamond system??
Yes it's the basis of playing billiards

simple trick shot from it

I know there is a diamond system, but I want to know if anyone here has actually used it to pull off shots in regular pool. Like, do you actually do the math to pull off a shot?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I know there is a diamond system, but I want to know if anyone here has actually used it to pull off shots in regular pool. Like, do you actually do the math to pull off a shot?

Yes, but less just the math if you play for a lot and more knowing "that diamond is connected to that diamond".