Matt Brown tells Michael Chandler to take fight against Islam Makhachev: ‘Get the f*cking title shot, f*ck Conor’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1719960098143.png

Michael Chandler has already been waiting nearly two years for a fight against Conor McGregor but late Monday night, he dropped a bombshell that no one saw coming.

“I’ve been offered Islam Makhachev in October,” Chandler claimed on Twitter. “But if Conor McGregor’s little pinky toe is ready by September, let’s do Sphere. Biggest sporting event in history of sports.”

The UFC hasn’t addressed Chandler’s declaration about the fight offer but October is the proposed date in Abu Dhabi when Makhachev is next expected to compete. All signs pointed to Arman Tsarukyan getting that title opportunity but now perhaps Chandler is going to jump the line — if he forgoes the fight against McGregor.

After Chandler continued to tweet about Makhachev, the lightweight champion seemingly dismissed his would-be challenger, calling Chandler “unreliable.”

For what it’s worth, UFC legend Matt Brown says Chandler would be crazy not to take the title shot if it becomes available.

“Why you wouldn’t jump on that, take it right now, sign the dotted line today, makes zero sense to me,” Brown said on the latest episode of The Fighter vs. The Writer. “I can’t think of any reason not to do it.

“Assuming Conor does come back - let’s just assume he is going to come back - do you think he wouldn’t love to fight you for the title? You could absolutely set that fight for the title, assuming that you win the title and now not only is it a Conor McGregor fight but it’s a Conor McGregor fight for the title. Does it get any better?”

Matt Brown tells Michael Chandler to take fight against Islam Makhachev: ‘Get the f*cking title shot, f*ck Conor’ - MMA Fighting

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
Prob is he very likely loses to Islam, then his chances of getting the $$,$$$,$$$.$$ fight with Conor almost surely go out the window. I say he waits to give sissy-boy some more time to heal up his vag muscle tear...