VID Matt Hughes: Country Boy Can Survive Documentary

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
That wasn't my take on it. It was touched upon but the theme to me was the accident and his recovery. The divorce and TRO's were not in this also.

I always tell people the same thing who say this or that athlete is a selfish asshole. That's usually what it takes to achieve at the highest level. They just aren't the best people to be around. They have one focus, themselves. How many times have we seen fighters say I'm fighting for my family or something close? If I were a betting man I would bet against those guys. The edge in many cases seems to have been lost. I can name some of the nicest guys in the gym and you would all know them. Only one was a world champion and when he moved to another organization he didn't have the same success. The stoned faced assholes on the whole are usually more successful.

Matt from what has been written and I have never met the guy seems to have been a bit of an asshole. Post accident he has gotten violent according to his wife and brother and I have no reason to doubt them. if you haven't seen the video I urge you to watch it as it shows a different side to him. Humans are complex creatures and there are many sides to us all.
Dad Cerrone is coming to fuck your world up.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
should add that the mini-doc adds two points that support my guess.

1) driving someone else's truck
2) hauling diesel fuel

not familiar with the vehicle, a load that sloshes on cornering or acceleration...the train you thought you could beat is the train that beats you.
I have hauled a couple thousand gallon tanks on trailers(hydroseeders and water tanks)
slosh is serious shit...roll full or empty or get sloshed

could def stall out a truck

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
I have, from the get go, believed that Matt just tried to beat the train which seems TOTALLY in character for him...
I've read somewhere that he did try to beat the train but as he was accelerating something caused his car to spin and that's why he couldn't get out of the way

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
feel bad for his wife and kids, Matt also but probably a karma

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Does he have more respect for Brazilians now that he has their accent?

I wouldn't normally say a douchebag comment like that, but given the recent abuse and police reports regarding his wife, fuck it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Does he have more respect for Brazilians now that he has their accent?

I wouldn't normally say a douchebag comment like that, but given the recent abuse and police reports regarding his wife, fuck it.
he talks like a little Anderson Silva.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I've read somewhere that he did try to beat the train but as he was accelerating something caused his car to spin and that's why he couldn't get out of the way
The gravel incline I saw in the video is a great way to spin ur tires out.....

Big ED

Aug 16, 2018
THAT WOMAN DESERVES A FUCKING MEDAL

jesus! I did not expect this to be any good at all, or to be stuck to it, watching the whole thing - thought it would be a dumb shit fluff job, but oh my god, she rightly let herself go and the editing was obviously brave. fair play.
what are you talking about?

Big ED

Aug 16, 2018
That wasn't my take on it. It was touched upon but the theme to me was the accident and his recovery. The divorce and TRO's were not in this also.

I always tell people the same thing who say this or that athlete is a selfish asshole. That's usually what it takes to achieve at the highest level. They just aren't the best people to be around. They have one focus, themselves. How many times have we seen fighters say I'm fighting for my family or something close? If I were a betting man I would bet against those guys. The edge in many cases seems to have been lost. I can name some of the nicest guys in the gym and you would all know them. Only one was a world champion and when he moved to another organization he didn't have the same success. The stoned faced assholes on the whole are usually more successful.

Matt from what has been written and I have never met the guy seems to have been a bit of an asshole. Post accident he has gotten violent according to his wife and brother and I have no reason to doubt them. if you haven't seen the video I urge you to watch it as it shows a different side to him. Humans are complex creatures and there are many sides to us all.
your dumb, and that's not true. Many successful athletes fight for their families and win

Big ED

Aug 16, 2018
Cliff notes for those of us who think Hughes is a piece of shit and won't sit through an entire video of him? Do they talk about him being a massive piece of shit?
i watched it thinking matt was a pos. Then saw it, and thought it was sweet (because of his family) conclusion. he's probably still a pos, and that's why he is now divorced from her. It looks like he would've never apologized if he didn't get hurt & need her help.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
what the fuck. you don't deserve a helpful response. you can do one pal. never address me again.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
your dumb, and that's not true. Many successful athletes fight for their families and win
“You’re”

Sure many fight and have a family. It’s when guys who were single, selfish concentrated on their careers get married have kids things change with some, not all. It’s when they start to talk about it, they get emotional. It’s seems more about afraid of losing. I can hear it in their voice. I’m sorry you aren’t able to have that insight. I’m actually around these guys in the gym. They bring their wives and kids in to their practice. Those guys mostly start to lose. I have seen so many start talking about their family and go out and lose. If I hadn’t seen it over and over I wouldn't have noticed a pattern. Cowboy is a rare exception.

Why do you choose to add condescending-cunt comments when contributing to a discussion?
It would be beneficial to ask yourself this.