Matt Riddle on MMA departure: 'I felt bad beating people'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Former UFC welterweight Matt Riddle is now a pro wrestler rising through the ranks, and he believes he is much better suited for the squared circle.

Matt Riddle is making the most of his pro wrestling career. The former UFC welterweight was released from the organization a few years ago due to multiple positive tests for marijuana, and eventually left the sport altogether to jump into something that seems to be a better fit for him - the squared circle. In a fascinating piece by MMA Fighting's Chuck Mindenhall, Riddle discusses his new career at length and gives some insight as to why he ultimately decided to leave fighting behind:

"I lost interest a long time ago. I felt bad beating people. Like, when I beat Che Mills, I felt bad. Dude has a wife, dude has a kid, he just got…

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/19/12976676/matt-riddle-on-mma-departure-i-felt-bad-beating-people

P

Punch

Former UFC welterweight Matt Riddle is now a pro wrestler rising through the ranks, and he believes he is much better suited for the squared circle.

Matt Riddle is making the most of his pro wrestling career. The former UFC welterweight was released from the organization a few years ago due to multiple positive tests for marijuana, and eventually left the sport altogether to jump into something that seems to be a better fit for him - the squared circle. In a fascinating piece by MMA Fighting's Chuck Mindenhall, Riddle discusses his new career at length and gives some insight as to why he ultimately decided to leave fighting behind:

"I lost interest a long time ago. I felt bad beating people. Like, when I beat Che Mills, I felt bad. Dude has a wife, dude has a kid, he just got…

Riddle on MMA departure: 'I felt bad beating people'

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Jesus X you need to stay off the internet for a few months and re-evaluate your life choices. Ministry of Silly Walks I hope you are trolling, cause otherwise you should also join Jesus X in his abstention.

P

Punch

Jesus X you need to stay off the internet for a few months and re-evaluate your life choices. Ministry of Silly Walks I hope you are trolling, cause otherwise you should also join Jesus X in his abstention.
You're joking, right?

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
If you read the article in the OP, Riddle wasn't upset about beating people up, he was upset that by beating people, they lost their jobs and financial security.
I felt bad beating people. Like, when I beat Che Mills, I felt bad. Dude has a wife, dude has a kid, he just got fired from the UFC because I beat him and he got half his money. I have three kids, I need to eat the same as anybody, but I felt bad.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
What's wrong with people giving her compliments? She's bruised up from a legal fight, not spousal abuse. It would be out of line to make such comments to pictures of that, but not here. The bruises look bad, but you can still see that she's a pretty woman.