Mauro Ranallo is now on the NXT broadcast team

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
FUCK YES.

So Mauro is doing Smackdown, Bellator, and Mayweather/McGregor.

JBL is doing (a poor job) of Smackdown. I wonder who came out the winner?

MoomBah

Posting Machine
Feb 16, 2015
I dont know the guys name but the guy who Nigel sits beside it awful at his job. NXT needs this.

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
I dont know the guys name but the guy who Nigel sits beside it awful at his job. NXT needs this.
Tom Phillips I think. Not bad compared to what we have had in the past few years from WWE, but Mauro is a major step up in the chain.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Tom Phillips I think. Not bad compared to what we have had in the past few years from WWE, but Mauro is a major step up in the chain.
Phillips a) Wasn't bad (he and Graves played off of each other briliiantly) b) Has been gone for a while.

I believe MoomBah @MoomBah is thinking of the token black guy they have (Percy something) Percy makes David Otunga sound like Booker T. David Otunga makes Booker T sound like Michael Cole. Apparently black announcers have a horribly low bar.

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
Just the way he said sits beside Nigel, I know they have the main guy in the middle with Nigel on one side and Percy on the other. Percy is awful imo. Tries too hard with the "Has the backstage gossip" role. You need someone who has more subtlety to pull it off, but he tries to blow it up all the time into something that just sounds ridiculous. Ranallo and Nigel McGuiness is a team I can get behind. Percy Watson should just be let go.

Turns out Tom was still on the broadcast team at the same time as running the Smackdown one simultaneously. Hope it didn't come across like I think Tom Phillips is bad. He does a good job and doesn't drive people's attention away. Had a controversy but came through it relatively unscathed.