General May I introduce the PA Secretranny of Health

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If I chop my feet off and install wheels will you all start calling me a Segway and respect me for being so brave?

Or would I just be a weird dipshit?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If I chop my feet off and install wheels will you all start calling me a Segway and respect me for being so brave?

Or would I just be a weird dipshit?
I'd rather you do that and turn yourself into Johnny 5 than be drunk spamming on the internet at 3:00 a.m. from your Belgium Airbnb while expecting me to call you an enforcer.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I share your concern. But ley me ask this...
You have a son and he tells you that he's transgendered. If he goes through puberty he will be irreversibly changed hormonally. His bone structure will change his jawline his brow etc.
Then when he's in his twenties you'll realize oooppssss, it wasn't just a phase. He's really transgendered. Except now you've Made sure that transitioning to a woman will be less successful and "he won't pass" (the Disciplined Galt @Disciplined Galt test).

so the psychologists seeing your son to determine whether he actually has body dysmorphism suggests that you can put him on puberty blockers. This will stop puberty until they are stopped. If you discontinue the puberty blockers then he will go through puberty at that time. He'd be able to delay puberty and live as a girl. If it's just a phase then he could stop the puberty blockers and he would go through puberty as a guy.
Would you put him on puberty blockers?
Absolutely not. The jawline etc is part of going through gender reassignment when the kid is old enough to make his own informed opinion. It isn't just about getting your willy cut off is it? You can get your jawline fixed with plastic surgery.

The thought of having a 13 year old going through it then saying "oops" I want to be a geezer again"...ugh.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'd rather you do that and turn yourself into Johnny 5 than be drunk spamming on the internet at 3:00 a.m. from your Belgium Airbnb while expecting me to call you an enforcer.
Well you will have to respect my stunning brave rights and quit oppressing me.

And it's only 8pm

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Maybe I'll install springs instead of wheels. Pogo2 has a good ring to it.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
What exactly do you think a 13-year-old is going through? What is "it"?
Feeling like they're a girl in a boy's body or the other way around. Read my other posts, and stop trying to put words in my mouth :D
You know I am making complete sense.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Okay Splinty @Splinty
What would you do if one of your kids at 13 said they had hated their life living as one gender and wanted to go in for gender reassignment. How much counseling would you suggest before deciding that you all had an informed decision that it was the best course of action?

Or would you just "no phone, no ipad, no PS4" for a month?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Feeling like they're a girl in a boy's body or the other way around. Read my other posts, and stop trying to put words in my mouth :D
You know I am making complete sense.

you make many post understanding why dysmorphism is treated with various modalities and including full gender reassignment surgery.

Then in another breath you state that you would force your son to go through male puberty to gain maximal masculine traits forcing him to undergo much greater plastic surgery and never really being successful at transitioning to a woman later in life. You would purposefully refuse temporary puberty blockers and seem to be conflating people having full gender reassignment surgery with puberty blockers.

You seem to state that your transgendered son should be forced to go through male puberty to become a man to see if he really hates it. Which is your opinion but seems a gamble and contrary to your other posts.

I'm not trying to sell you anything. I'm just trying to understand why you'd refuse a temporary delay in puberty while your son was seeing a psychologist when your other post seems to recognize the potential harm of that move.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
well said

chop away

I just avoid pronouns all together, too confusing
Just call everybody man, can't lose, ish
This might be true.

Lmao

There's plenty of fair criticism in these institutional changes. But I can't take my anger at that onto the individuals themselves, many of which aren't advocating for it.
A person who takes puberty blockers (which is reversible by the way) and then determines that they want to continue living as a woman is not likely to have any additional competitive advantage in sports over other women.
Obviously that's not true for the picture above which is darkly humorous to me.

I think the biggest problem is so many people advocating for transgendered people and others in so many weird ways and just being really unlikable advocates in the first place...sjw Twitter has an outsized voice in reality. People like that don't really exist in most communities and who cares if such extremists are ignored and rebutted anyway. but the response to that seems to be just as much virtue signaling on the right making sure that you have to hate transgender people or your some liberal lefty. It'd be nice to separate the policy from the individuals is all Im saying.
I suppose its no differen't to roid abuse eh.

No you can't blame the victim, if that is what they are, I just see a snake when I see that guy in the O.P same with the guy in the picture, it is funny alright, its a load of shite but you can't help but laugh sometimes.

Puberty blockers can't be fully reversed, once a change is made it has been made, you can't get that time back either, it is also a decision you can't really comprehend at that age. The reasons to do it could be all wrong as well.

I agree with what you're saying there, most twitter fog horns are fringe idiots, on either side of an argument.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
you make many post understanding why dysmorphism is treated with various modalities and including full gender reassignment surgery.

Then in another breath you state that you would force your son to go through male puberty to gain maximal masculine traits forcing him to undergo much greater plastic surgery and never really being successful at transitioning to a woman later in life. You would purposefully refuse temporary puberty blockers and seem to be conflating people having full gender reassignment surgery with puberty blockers.

You seem to state that your transgendered son should be forced to go through male puberty to become a man to see if he really hates it. Which is your opinion but seems a gamble and contrary to your other posts.

I'm not trying to sell you anything. I'm just trying to understand why you'd refuse a temporary delay in puberty while your son was seeing a psychologist when your other post seems to recognize the potential harm of that move.
If my son wanted to be a tranny I'd start him training mma immediately. He could be the next Fallon fox.

I could be his promotor.

Segway hearns.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Okay Splinty @Splinty
What would you do if one of your kids at 13 said they had hated their life living as one gender and wanted to go in for gender reassignment. How much counseling would you suggest before deciding that you all had an informed decision that it was the best course of action?

Or would you just "no phone, no ipad, no PS4" for a month?

I already asked you what you think 13-year-olds are doing for this very reason. That's why I asked you what you think "it" is.
You keep using these words like gender reassignment. The full treatment modalities of body dysphoria are not limited to surgery and can be as simple as extensive counseling.

I would support my child having puberty blockers. It's reversible and would give time for counseling to determine if body dysphoria was an accurate diagnosis which is the most important thing. It's a do no harm strategy.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

Okay, you need to school me on puberty blockers because until a few minutes ago I had never heard of such a thing. If it's like an administered drug then I really could not disagree with that at all. HAlting puberty till they work it out, I would completely agree with...it' a gap between an irrerversible situation and completely middle ground. It makes complete sense.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
I would support my child having puberty blockers. It's reversible and would give time for counseling to determine if body dysphoria was an accurate diagnosis which is the most important thing. It's a do no harm strategy.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a ninja turtle, I never went to councilling and I only own 2 swords and one set of nunchucks, I turned out fine dammit....

I am sold doc, how much for the ooze?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
When I was a kid I wanted to be a ninja turtle, I never went to councilling and I only own 2 swords and one set of nunchucks, I turned out fine dammit....

I'm abridging. I agree science is still developing and theres a disconcerting number of teenagers that are probably having a "phase". I'm not trying to advocate, just with the myriad data to date I'd personally choose temporary blockers for a few years vs known alternatives.

So take it easy Leonardo

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I got ran over by a van wearing a TMNT tracksuit. It was awful, I was devastated the cunt ruined my clothes.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
I'm abridging. I agree science is still developing and theres a disconcerting number of teenagers that are probably having a "phase". I'm not trying to advocate, just with the myriad data to date I'd personally choose temporary blockers for a few years vs known alternatives.

So take it easy Leonardo

I had writen a serious post about not getting time back and age being a factor in growth and development, how long before the therapy becomes a change in itself and blah de blah blah........Had to delete it and go with the turtles, because I don't really know what I am talking about.

I do understand where you are coming from as well and can't really argue with that approach, it is logical, I just feel that once you start to tamper with hormone levels you are going down a slippery slope.