Maycee Barber Post Fight Display

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
I'm also noticing people talking about her getting "dominated". On SportsCenter it looked like she blew her knee out halfway through the second round.
I don't think the knee affected the fight much, what's the excuse for the the 1st round? Which was probably the most one-sided round. Roxy spanked her on the feet, rocked her, got an easy takedown, and dominated the ground game. I think maycee only landed 1or 2 jabs the whole round.
And the reason her knee blew in the 2nd was because Roxy cracked her with a punch, rocked her, made her head bobble and her weight fell awkwardly back over her knee.
30-27, 30-27, 30-26...imo that qualifies for "dominated".

M

member 3289

Don't worry Joe Rogan and Dana were also really quick to offer excuses for her performance

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
One of the worst post fight displays I have ever seen.

You have 3 wins in the UFC and you call for the mic after getting absolutely dominated? The fucking entitlement. How as a 21 year old, 3-1 prospect do you think you have the right to take the mic after a loss in the first place, Let alone speak before the 16 year veteran who just beat you.

Then she gets on the mic with a bunch of phony self-serving humility.

Pretending to compliment Roxanne by saying “She’s been fighting since I was 5...” That is sneaking in an excuse and pumping your own tires pointing out the experience difference.

Then she says some bullshit “l’m not sorry for my performance because it let Roxie shine”. You’re welcome I fought like shit Roxie. I let you shine. Fucking taking credit for Roxanne’s win.

Immediately after saying this she does a dramatic attempt to try to put weight on her knee, and stumbles. Trying to have a Rocky moment on Center stage and reminding everyone she lost because her knee is hurt.

The fucking entitlement. The lack of respect. I know she’s only 21, so she has time to grow, but this along with the Gracie belt thing really have me wondering about this kid.

Watch the display starting at
6:10
Roxanne Modafferi vs Maycee Barber Full Fight UFC 246 Part 3 MMA Video
My wife was screaming at the TV while she was doing all of that. It was beyond embarassing and the over the top stumble with "AH!" as she walks away was ridiculous.
To be clear, I don't doubt she was injured. Just limp away! You limped to the mic silently and suddenly there's all kinds kinds noise about it?

If you want to avoid the mmacore ads

walks to the center of the ring. gives an inappropriate speech. suddenly terrible knee.

View: https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1218730418054344706

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
My wife was screaming at the TV while she was doing all of that. It was beyond embarassing and the over the top stumble with "AH!" as she walks away was ridiculous.
To be clear, I don't doubt she was injured. Just limp away! You limped to the mic silently and suddenly there's all kinds kinds noise about it?

If you want to avoid the mmacore ads

walks to the center of the ring. gives an inappropriate speech. suddenly terrible knee.

View: https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1218730418054344706

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You don't think a torn ACL would effect the outcome of a fight?
Connor beat max Holloway with a torn ACL incurred in the second round.....

Pretty sure he was fucked for the Aldo fight too.

I hate to use him as an example but that's two times that popped into my head

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Not that I watch MMA, that shits gay, they don't even use steel chairs or tables.

And climbing out of the octagon should be automatic victory

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
In fact, I'd quite like to see an MMA match with pro wrestling rules added

5 count to break illegal holds.

Must break submission if the fighter gets to the fence.

Have to pin a knocked out opponent for the count of 3.

Referees being distracted by corners.

Get that bmf belt up on top of a ladder!

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
In fact, I'd quite like to see an MMA match with pro wrestling rules added

5 count to break illegal holds.

Must break submission if the fighter gets to the fence.

Have to pin a knocked out opponent for the count of 3.

Referees being distracted by corners.

Get that bmf belt up on top of a ladder!
Probably the best post you've ever made.

Ninja

Oct 31, 2016
It seemed like she was legitimately confused about the concept of losing. Still shilling that heart disease beverage and grabbing the mic.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
You don't think a torn ACL would effect the outcome of a fight?
I think it could effect the outcome of a fight.
But I don't think it effected the outcome of this fight, Roxy was the much better fighter both before and after she injured Maycee's knee.

It is also important to note that it wasn't a freak injury like Maycee kicking and slipping on some sweat on the mat and twisting her own knee. It was Roxy that caused her knee injury by beating her up. That should score serious points for Roxy on its own.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Connor beat max Holloway with a torn ACL incurred in the second round.....

Pretty sure he was fucked for the Aldo fight too.

I hate to use him as an example but that's two times that popped into my head
John Elway played his entire NFL career without an ACL

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I think it could effect the outcome of a fight.
But I don't think it effected the outcome of this fight, Roxy was the much better fighter both before and after she injured Maycee's knee.

It is also important to note that it wasn't a freak injury like Maycee kicking and slipping on some sweat on the mat and twisting her own knee. It was Roxy that caused her knee injury by beating her up. That should score serious points for Roxy on its own.
According to Maycee's camp it happened 10 seconds into the fight when she stepped on Roxy's foot. Whether that's true or not, it's kind of hilarious that you'd pretend that the intent of a punch was to tear someone's ACL.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
According to Maycee's camp it happened 10 seconds into the fight when she stepped on Roxy's foot. Whether that's true or not
It's not.
it's kind of hilarious that you'd pretend that the intent of a punch was to tear someone's ACL.
It's kind of hilarious you'd pretend that's what I wrote. Where did I ever write it was the intent???
I said it was "caused" by Roxy beating her up, not "intended" yuge difference.