Mayweather vs McGregor: Live Discussion - 8/26/17

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
The 8 oz gloves will have mayweather focusing the body shots to preserve his hands. This will be a tko via body shots, imo. With the 10 oz gloves I was thinking ko, or tko, by any means, but the smaller gloves let me know mayweather is laughing to the bank at conor thinking he now has the advantage. That extra 2 oz is the final nail in the coffin that was already sealed.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Better not hear this bullshit about conor losing because he got tired either. The body shots from floyd will ruin him, and credit should be given to the 8 oz gloves, and decision to use them in the first place. Conor dug his own grave, twice.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Time to put the house on McGregor. If you think the jungle doesn't want him to win, then you're fooling yourself.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I am going to do my best to not post about this fight, and respond to comments until fight night. No guarantees though.
Better not hear this bullshit about conor losing because he got tired either. The body shots from floyd will ruin him, and credit should be given to the 8 oz gloves, and decision to use them in the first place. Conor dug his own grave, twice.
That was quick.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Chris Van Heerden saying he was "The Alpha Male" when he sparred Conor
and it was something he and Conor both knew who was Alpha

View: https://youtu.be/CdoEPtlKtCk?t=570
These guys... all the "knowledge" these guys are dropping on mma fans is already known and practiced in not even the highest level gyms. I've trained with high level guys and low level guys and even from some of the smallest lesser known gyms no ones ever heard of, you show you're tired in sparring, you're gonna get your block knocked off. Everything else they went over has been known for a long time by a lot of mma guys.

It's just not as finely tuned in mma because these guys have 6 days a week to focus on hands, footwork, head movement....etc while mma is all that plus the intricacies of bjj, wrestling... etc. plus a lot of traditional boxing fundamentals flat out go out the window because they don't work in an mma match. Things like a boxing stance with the front knee pointed in... that will leave you going home without a leg if you stand like that in there with the likes of Aldo or barboza.

Just kinda frustrating to see boxing guys talk down like that and have no respect for the level of understanding of boxing that a lot of mma fighters/gyms have. Just because Conor represents mma in this fight and I'm an mma faithful, doesn't mean that I can't see what he's doing wrong in there. There's a lot of fundamental shit he does wrong that's going to get him tagged in there.