VID McGregor calls UFC posters garbage

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm really starting to like this dude, i couldn't stand chael sonnens antics, but for some reason i'm enjoying his.

I fucking love the face dana is pulling through out this PC, he was being treated like he number 2 to conor and he didn't like it.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm really starting to like this dude, i couldn't stand chael sonnens antics, but for some reason i'm enjoying his.

I fucking love the face dana is pulling through out this PC, he was being treated like he number 2 to conor and he didn't like it.
Almost like he was Conor's bitch lol. I love it. You better believe that Dana will throw his ass under the bus so fast his head will spin, if he loses. I'm beginning to think they no longer think he's worth the trouble.

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
RDA's been champ less than a year...what makes this a super fight to you? Legit asking because I just don't see it
RDA has been on a 10-1 tear for the last 4 years, in which he destroyed Cerrone (twice) and Bendo and dominated Pettis. Anyone who can do that is a monster.

Conor just KO'd the guy who was, at the time, arguably the #1 p4p fighter in the world and he did it in 13 seconds.

Hell, I'm inclined to grant it superfight status just as a courtesy. Conor didn't make us wait for something that ended up never happening, like just about every other fighter who has ever mused about going up in weight for another title.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
RDA's been champ less than a year...what makes this a super fight to you? Legit asking because I just don't see it
I see your point. But it is definitely a special occasion with two champions facing off. When did that happen last? A little ring-a-dingding could'nt hurt those posters :)

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
RDA has been on a 10-1 tear for the last 4 years, in which he destroyed Cerrone (twice) and Bendo and dominated Pettis. Anyone who can do that is a monster.

Conor just KO'd the guy who was, at the time, arguably the #1 p4p fighter in the world and he did it in 13 seconds.

Hell, I'm inclined to grant it superfight status just as a courtesy. Conor didn't make us wait for something that ended up never happening, like just about every other fighter who has ever mused about going up in weight for another title.
So...you're putting this fight in the same realm as GSP/Jones or Jones/Silva circa 2012? Granted they didn't happen, you're still suggesting that RDA/McGregor is in the same category? If you really think that then I think we disagree about what the word "super fight" means.

canofsticks

Aug 4, 2015
I see your point. But it is definitely a special occasion with two champions facing off. When did that happen last? A little ring-a-dingding could'nt hurt those posters :)
Oh yeah for sure its a cool fight. I mean, it'll be a champion v. champion fight which will have its place in UFC history. And I'm glad we get to see this sort of chaos Conor's bringing, not to just the divisions, but to the UFC. It shakes things up and that's always good for the fans. Like I said, its a fun fight! I'm looking forward to it for sure

P

Punch

So...you're putting this fight in the same realm as GSP/Jones or Jones/Silva circa 2012? Granted they didn't happen, you're still suggesting that RDA/McGregor is in the same category? If you really think that then I think we disagree about what the word "super fight" means.
I think it's a fight between two current champions, the like we have not witnessed in the ufc since Bj/gsp. Furthermore I would argue that it is much better than two fights that will never happen. "Super" or not, it's exciting. :D

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
It's bigger than those fights. They didn't happen. Vaporware doesn't count.

canofsticks

Aug 4, 2015
It's bigger than those fights. They didn't happen. Vaporware doesn't count.
The forums were abuzz with people pleading to see gsp/jones or jones/silva for YEARS.
Please provide me with the links to where everyone was begging Dana to make this fight. They don't exist. Because it's not a super fight. Period.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's a super fight the same way I get super hungry. It isn't a super fight as in two GOAT candidates battling for legacy supremecy. If these guys were given the chance to dominate their own divisions for another year or two, go undefeated in that reign then meet then I'd grant super fight status, until then its a great fight that should be highly entertaining.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
The forums were abuzz with people pleading to see gsp/jones or jones/silva for YEARS.
Please provide me with the links to where everyone was begging Dana to make this fight. They don't exist. Because it's not a super fight. Period.
I never saw one person asking for GSP vs Jones, that I can remember, and if they were they were extremely optimistic to the point of insanity. GSP did not want the Silva fight, Silva did not want the Jones either for that matter, let alone GSP vs Jones. Regardless, they never happened and never will. Potential to be a bigger fight does not outweigh what actually happens.

This is the biggest fight since BJ Penn vs GSP. Mcgregor just starched a p4p great in 13 seconds, RDA has run through the top of the lightweight division. Champion vs Champion.

Last edited:

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
conor hasnt even defended his belt yet and dos anjos only defended once. this is not a super fight.it is a big deal and a hell of a fight but in no way is this the same gsp and silva in their primes having dominated their divisions .this is conor getting to do whatever he wants.this is conor ducking frankie.this is a lot of things but a super fight is not one of them.if these guys fought in 2 years time champ vs champ after running their divisions then it would be a superfight

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
It's a super fight the same way I get super hungry. It isn't a super fight as in two GOAT candidates battling for legacy supremecy. If these guys were given the chance to dominate their own divisions for another year or two, go undefeated in that reign then meet then I'd grant super fight status, until then its a great fight that should be highly entertaining.
BJ Penn had 1 defence at lightweight when he went up to face GSP. GSP himself had only 1 defence of his belt at the time of the fight.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
conor hasnt even defended his belt yet and dos anjos only defended once. this is not a super fight.it is a big deal and a hell of a fight but in no way is this the same gsp and silva in their primes having dominated their divisions .this is conor getting to do whatever he wants.this is conor ducking frankie.this is a lot of things but a super fight is not one of them.if these guys fought in 2 years time champ vs champ after running their divisions then it would be a superfight
RDA may only have 1 defence, but he has beat the last 2 lightweight champions, Donald Cerrone on an 8 fight win streak and Nate motherfucking Diaz, like a red headed stepchild, no less. This is absolutely a superfight.

Last edited: