VID McGregor calls UFC posters garbage

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
I never saw one person asking for GSp vs Jones, that I can remember, and if they were they were extremely optimistic to the point of insanity. GSP did not want the Silva fight, Silva did not want the Jones either for that matter, let alone GSP vs Jones. Regardless, they never happened and never will. Potential to be a bigger fight does not outweigh what actually happens.

This is the biggest fight since BJ Penn vs GSP. Mcgregor just starched a p4p great in 13 seconds, RDA has run through the top of the lightweight division. Champion vs Champion.
You never saw one person asking to see GSP and Jones?

It was talked about daily on the UG in 2012-2013

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

I was on the UG from 08. I don't recall a single person calling for GSP vs Jones, but then I have a pretty good bullshit filter, so, I'll take your word for it. Fairy tale of a fight to want though.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
I was on the UG from 08. I don't recall a single person calling for GSP vs Jones, but then I have a pretty good bullshit filter, so, I'll take your word for it. Fairy tale of a fight to want though.
Well, truth be told I didn't want to see GSP/Jones, thought it was a dumb fight, personally. But people wanted to see it. Regardless, I think La Paix @BirdWatcher said it best, "it's a super fight, but not a superfight". I'm looking forward to it, should be exciting as hell.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just watched the press conference.

Dana looked like a tomato.

Conor is the biggest thing this sport has seen, and he does it in a way that makes people still like him.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dude was running the show at the press conference. He strolls in late, at one point answers a journalist's question for Dana, insulting the poster, laying the groundwork to move up to WW and Dana didn't say a damn word.

Holly Holm's answers right after that just reinforce how cool a person she is; very mature and thoughtful.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
LMAO! That was fucking entertaining.

"I am dressed like El CHapo with Alligators on my feet"

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So...you're putting this fight in the same realm as GSP/Jones or Jones/Silva circa 2012? Granted they didn't happen, you're still suggesting that RDA/McGregor is in the same category? If you really think that then I think we disagree about what the word "super fight" means.
Our sun and one that is much bigger are still both stars.

There are levels of super fight. Some are more super than others because the circumstances will always be different.

But super this fight is, imho.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
He wasn't talking about the creativity in the art department. He wants to fire people because he was put in behind RDA. The poster is garbage because the champ hasn't made the ufc as much money as mcgregor . We get it Conor, you're the best accountant the UFC has ever seen.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Call me crazy but i haven't seen that much difference in UFC posters from 10 years ago to now. Conor doesnt like them and everyone loses their minds!

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
He wasn't talking about the creativity in the art department. He wants to fire people because he was put in behind RDA. The poster is garbage because the champ hasn't made the ufc as much money as mcgregor . We get it Conor, you're the best accountant the UFC has ever seen.
"I mean this is part of history, this is how people look back and remember great fights; and look at that!?"

Trust me it's more than who's stood where. Just going off the old vernacular.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
I'll take your word on the irishisms. i was just going by this statement "he's never made a dime, but there he is sitting on the front of my poster. "
made me think he was more worried about who got top billing on the poster than the quality of the graphics.

Ed_Stark

I am coming
Oct 24, 2015
Well I'm moist for this fight regardless. Speed and accuracy will be RDAs undoing. 7 hells I wish the fight was Saturday.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I'll take your word on the irishisms. i was just going by this statement "he's never made a dime, but there he is sitting on the front of my poster. "
made me think he was more worried about who got top billing on the poster than the quality of the graphics.
And he probably is more worried about who's number one these posters. But right now, is he wrong in that? He is right now the biggest star in the UFC one could argue. While the quality of these posters may be measured by graphics and design, context plays a role as well. Good observation, and I agree. And to be honest, I like the fact he wants larger than life things for himself. It absolutely fits with his image, and is a much needed element within the UFC, which has become more bland lately (Reebok, notable fighters retired, Joe in a suit lol).

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
West Dublin isms even, your right the equal billing was the first thing he mentioned but he was expanding beyond that.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

There is your problem, zeph is referring to "real, serious, legit" people calling for it..........anybody who called for that fight is a complete moron. Jones would have broken his skull open.....what fucking game plan would gsp come up with......nothing