McGregor comments too far? Or genius marketing?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMA Slam Podcast

Apr 3, 2019
Greetings, new to the forums...

Hey guys so what do you think? Are you a fan of the trash talk or not? Is there such a thing as "too far"? Personally I think there are things that shouldn't be touched such as Family, Religion, Spouses. The trash talk is fun, and Conor is really good at it. That and his fighting ability got him to where he is the combination...

But those recent tweets about Khabib's Wife... jeez Man. Definitely lost fans on that one. What do you guys think... is there such a thing as too far, and are you a fan of the trash talk?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Welcome to the site. Conor has crossed some lines, but if he fights again it will pay him well. All the attention will mean bigger PPV numbers because the UFC will use the shit out of it. That is, of course, if he fights again. Chances are he may be done. He seems to be on a bad path right now.

Also, stick around this place and you will see people say way more foul shit than Conor. They run waaay past the line at times. Bunch of sick fuckers in here.

Nov 21, 2015

Hey guys so what do you think? Are you a fan of the trash talk or not? Is there such a thing as "too far"? Personally I think there are things that shouldn't be touched such as Family, Religion, Spouses. The trash talk is fun, and Conor is really good at it. That and his fighting ability got him to where he is the combination...

But those recent tweets about Khabib's Wife... jeez Man. Definitely lost fans on that one. What do you guys think... is there such a thing as too far, and are you a fan of the trash talk?
Conor's talk just seems desperate and meh to me

Running his lip talking crazy but got his ass handed to him in the cage
and hasn't won a fight in years.

Win a fight... Just one and maybe I'll get excited to see
him fight again

Till then he's about as exciting as a Khardashian

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Contrary to the opinions in this thread, I do not believe the UFC will use these specific comments as promotional tools for a rematch. Words aren't as bad as a dolly through a window, but I have a feeling the UFC will distance itself from yesterday's Twitter back and forth.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
When, at the end of the day, you're going to be locked in a cage with the other man there is no such thing as 'too far'.

It's simple.

Werdum saying something like this to TFerg (or vice-versa) would be "too far".

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017

I don't think Conor was thinking marketing with this.
I just think both him & Khabib (or Ali making believe he was Khabib) were ripping each other & neither wanted the other to top him.

Welcome to the community & GL on your podcast.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Too far?

Not really, Khabib should be able to handle it, but it is pathetic and sad to watch, it is the crying of a desperate man.

It is also lazy as fuck, attacking his religion and culture , or dancing around the subject rather, playing off that tension.

It will generate interest, for gobshites.