McGregor donating $1 million of Proper 12 profits to first responders

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015

A year ago today, Conor McGregor launched Proper No. 12 whiskey worldwide as part of his ever-growing empire that has made him rich beyond his wildest dreams. While initially received with mixed reviews, Conor’s whiskey has proven to be a financial success.
Now, Conor is celebrating the one-year anniversary of his brain child by not only belting out a tune while holding a cake and a bottle of his product, but by donating $1 million of the profits to first responders.

“Happy 1st birthday to @properwhiskey!!! What a journey it has been so far! We are now in 8 countries to date, with many more planned for 2020! I am so thankful to you all for your support and love of PROPER No. TWELVE,” wrote Conor on Instagram.

“I also want to thank the fine Irish women and men who have worked so diligently at the distillery and beyond…what an amazing team we have. When we started this business, something very important to me was to give back,” he added.
“For every case we sell, my company donates $5 up to 1 million dollars per year to first responders. I am very proud to announce that we have already hit the 1 million dollar mark! This is all thanks to you! Our fans! Thank you all.”

Furthermore, “Notorious” revealed that his efforts have now reached the $1 million mark and come 2020, he will be sending out the funds to first responder organizations.

“In the New Year, we will begin donating the first million dollars to first responder organizations. My team is vetting it all out now to be sure it goes into the proper hands. Thank you all for the support!”

What a move.

Conor is in talks to make his much-anticipated return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Octagon at the beginning of the new year, possibly at UFC 246 on January 18 against Donald Cerrone.

McGregor vows to be much busier in 2020 inside the Octagon on his to once again capture for UFC gold. Regardless if he gets there or not, he will be a major winner in the eyes and hearts of first responders around the world thanks to his kind gesture.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

A million more dollars are going to benefit First Responders. Nothing else matters. Let’s celebrate this instead!

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Good on him for being charitable, but I feel like there are more, ummm, appropriate causes, given his recent life events.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
Weird. It's almost like celebrities follow a script. Get in trouble, donate time or money, the media will eat it up, all will be forgiven.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Is there any way to interpret this other than as an attempt to bribe the Dublin police into dropping the charges?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Is there any way to interpret this other than as an attempt to bribe the Dublin police into dropping the charges?
Ya, a million dollar donation to a pretty good cause. Whatever plays out in his personal life as a result of it could be something to pick apart if you insist but FFS it's a healthy chunk of money handed over. You get upset when people make too much money but also get upset when they give it away.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
would have been funnier if he donated it to the victims of drunk driving and more fitting with his persona

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Good for him. Gotta balance out the universe. Can’t be a shithead all the way~

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Legit question...why do "first responders" need a charity?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Legit question...why do "first responders" need a charity?
Help provide for the families of injured or fallen first responders

Provide funds for training and equipment that their normal budgets won't allow for

Scholarship programs

Mental health advocacy

Volunteers for city and forest fires can get extra resources.

Much more I'm sure.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Help provide for the families of injured or fallen first responders

Provide funds for training and equipment that their normal budgets won't allow for

Scholarship programs

Mental health advocacy

Volunteers for city and forest fires can get extra resources.

Much more I'm sure.
Pretty fucked that is not already provided.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
some good PR before he comes back in january cant hurt

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Pretty fucked that is not already provided.
EMT’s are usually the first on scene and get paid a fraction of what fire fighters and police officers do.

No one likes cops unless there’s someone breaking into their house or assaulting them, fire fighters seem to be loved by everyone, EMT’s have to deal with the worst shit the public can offer and don’t get anywhere near the kind of respect firefighters or cops do from the public.

It’s a thankless job filled with horrible scenes you wouldn’t wish into your worst enemies nightmares.

Good on Mcnugget for giving ‘first responders’ (quotes due to the fact that he can’t be bothered to actually name a program, fund or charity that he will supposedly soon give money to) a bunch of cash. But, his actions are obviously a move thought up by his media team to make the public forget the plethora of other reasons he’s been getting publicity as of late.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
It’s not all for PR. He has been giving to charities the whole time he has had money. This time it is in the spotlight because he announced it as part of his Proper Twelve’s anniversary celebration. As much as people want him to be a bad guy, he’s not. He came from nothing and got a shit ton of money at a young age. He makes ridiculous mistakes and has made plenty of stupid decisions as a result, but I think he is a good guy at heart.

Conor McGregor honoured for his charitable work for Dublin children's hospital – TheMacLife

Conor McGregor to donate €50,000 to help Ireland's homeless problem | SportsJOE.ie

Conor McGregor donates €10,000 anonymously to cover a child's medical expenses - MMA India

Conor McGregor Makes Massive Donation To Homeless Charity - Pundit Arena

Conor McGregor throws his weight behind charity that helps grieving Irish families | Her.ie