McGregor: 'I'll KO Diaz inside the first round'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"I respect Nate," McGregor said. "Don't get me wrong, I do respect Nate. There are a lot of pussies in this game and he is not one of them. Don't get me wrong. There's a respect there between us, but it's business in there. And business is business. He will be KO'd inside the first round."

That was the same prediction McGregor made for dos Anjos at a press conference last month. He predicted he would knock out Aldo in the first round and did so. Pretty much all of his other prognostications came to fruition as well, including a second-round knockout of Chad Mendes and a first-round KO of Dustin Poirier.

"I feel his repetitive foot patterns and his poor motions are too readable, too predictable," McGregor said. "He'll be too slow in there. His speed will stifle him. His soft body and his lack of preparation, he will not be able to handle the ferocity."

LINK: Conor McGregor predicts he'll knock out Nate Diaz 'inside the first round'

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Can somebody please link proof of any or all of Conors accurate predictions? He gets called Mystic Mac and has this rep for calling fights but how many has he actually called and got right?

He called a first rounder over Siver and it went to two

I think he got Aldo right

Can't remember Dustins if there was one.

Also he kept saying today about how every time he has guys pulling out, can we list links for proof of these too?

Aldo part 1

RDA

Who else has actually committed to fight and backed out out turned it down while not being suspended or currently injured?

He's got 7 fights in the UFC. so I'd like to see an average here or some sort of percentage since joining the majors.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Can somebody please link proof of any or all of Conors accurate predictions? He gets called Mystic Mac and has this rep for calling fights but how many has he actually called and got right?

Also he kept saying today about how every time he has guys pulling out, can we list links for proof of these too?

Aldo part 1

RDA

Who else has actually committed to fight and backed out out turned it down while not being suspended or currently injured?

He's got 7 fights in the UFC. so I'd like to see an average here or some sort of percentage since joining the majors.
He called the Poirier, Aldo and Mendes fights.He got the Siver one wrong. I think he said he would KO Brandao in the first not sure about that one tho.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This cracked me up. He talks all sorts of shit about everyone on the roster who's hurt. Has a litany of excuses why he didn't want to fight Cowboy though.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I wasn't sure if he said 1st or 4th because of the accent. It came out like "Fourst".

He probably said it that way to cover his ass if he doesn't get the 1st round KO. Lol
I just reheard it, it was first. Dear God, when Nate Diaz speaks more clearly than you it might be time for a speech coach.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I wouldn't cite "Lack of prep" as a fault on Nate on this one and be use it as some led you to victory reason.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
He called the Poirier, Aldo and Mendes fights.He got the Siver one wrong. I think he said he would KO Brandao in the first not sure about that one tho.
Yeah he called the Brandao, Poirier, Mendes, and Aldo fights correct. He got the Siver fight wrong.

Last edited:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Any chance you got some links or know the actual prediction made? Did he call the round for Chad?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

Aldo part 1

RDA

This will be his 8th fight in the UFC , 4 of them have been changed due to injury. There was Andy Ogle in his second fight, Holloway stepped in; Cole Miller in his third fight and Deigo Brandao stepped in; Aldo fight and Mendes stepped in; and finally RDA with Diaz stepping in.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
This will be his 8th fight in the UFC , 4 of them have been changed due to injury. There was Andy Ogle in his second fight, Holloway stepped in; Cole Miller in his third fight and Deigo Brandao stepped in; Aldo fight and Mendes stepped in; and finally RDA with Diaz stepping in.
Mcgregor is a true fighter moves up in weight and fights on short notice. How many champions in the UFC can say they have done that.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jesus that quite the string of changes. I put very few fighters in the catagory of scared or looking to duck, lime 10%-20% max. I don't think too many guys are looking to fake much of anything to pull out as they need to get paid too but it's definitely odd that he's had so many replacement fighters. No matter how these fights go down the excise of short notice fill ins will always be lurking around. I lime how today Nate made a comment about him being on short notice in reply to him having the size advantage, fair point IMO.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Jesus that quite the string of changes. I put very few fighters in the catagory of scared or looking to duck, lime 10%-20% max. I don't think too many guys are looking to fake much of anything to pull out as they need to get paid too but it's definitely odd that he's had so many replacement fighters. No matter how these fights go down the excise of short notice fill ins will always be lurking around. I lime how today Nate made a comment about him being on short notice in reply to him having the size advantage, fair point IMO.
I wouldn't say scared. I would say they are hesitant to fight him when not 100%, rightfully so, and pull out for injuries that they might fight through for lessor opponents.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Mcgregor is a true fighter moves up in weight and fights on short notice. How many champions in the UFC can say they have done that.
True but there's different types of short notice. There's the type that had a full camp then last minute opponent change then there's no camp big pay check type. I will almost always say the full camp guy is the favorite even in this case as Conor seems to look good at this weight so far.

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
:openmouth:
he is not fighting on short notice.. he already has a full fight camp.. he is fighting against others who are in-fact fighting on short notice..

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
he is not fighting on short notice.. he already has a full fight camp.. he is fighting against others who are in-fact fighting on short notice..
It's absolutely does make a difference to be training for one guy and then be given a totally different type of fighter on short notice.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Agreed. And I'm a fan of Conors type of outlook as far as not caring who the opponent is and just training to fight. I'd say it's best to stay focussed on what you plan on doing come the fight over how to react to whoever's in there. Obviously both have value but I'd put much more in option the first approach.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's absolutely does make a difference to be training for one guy and then be given a totally different type of fighter on short notice.
Not according to Conor and many others. And even if you don't agree with that mindset you must admit it's not nearly as challenging as getting two weeks with no camp right?

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
True but there's different types of short notice. There's the type that had a full camp then last minute opponent change then there's no camp big pay check type. I will almost always say the full camp guy is the favorite even in this case as Conor seems to look good at this weight so far.
Thats a fair point. I think last year when Duffy pulled out in Ireland against Poirier, Mcgregor offered to fill in for him but the UFC wouldnt allow it.