McGregor Math

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
An $80m payday is what he estimated for UFC 246.

His disclosed guaranteed purse is $3m

Let say this thing blows it out of the park and does 3m buys globally, and he gets $3 per buy. That’s another $9m.

Where’s the other $68m coming from? Someone help this ole dumb redneck out here.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Let say this thing blows it out of the park and does 3m buys globally, and he gets $3 per buy. That’s another $9m.

Where’s the other $68m coming from? Someone help this ole dumb redneck out here.
Heebok

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Since when do we take what he says seriously?

This

Pieman called it in another thread, its the money brand, Floyds blueprint, bar getting bashed, hes still playing from that script.

Hes going to make money through endorsements and some of the advertising will be for his brand, so he will make more than his purse.

80 million is bullshit though.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
dana isnt even going to make 80 mill off this fight . the entire company pulls in around 600 mil a year total

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Either way, that is a crazy amount of money to fight someone coming off 2 ko losses in a row.

M

member 3289

Threads like this make me miss FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC

Ftr Conor made approximately $30 million for the Khabib fight according to frankie.

But that fight was before the ESPN ppv deal and the event sold 2.4 million PPVs (the most of any MMA event ever).

You have to think that PPV numbers are lower now just because you can't buy it in as many places as you could before, but we will also never know how many PPV buys it does unless UFC goes public.

I imagine he is getting a higher share per fight to make up for the likely loss in total PPV buys, but yeah $80 million is almost certainly an exaggeration.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I have no facts to back this up but my guess is he is including the potential impact from all his revenue streams...
- disclosed pay
- undisclosed pay (which in my opinion also likely includes a cut to McGregor Sports and Entertainment, though WME would never admit that publicly)
- special arrangement with Reebok for the fight and he is likely lumping in his cut of the Zig Kinetica shoe launch)
- Proper whiskey sales will spike significantly in advance of the fight
- August McGregor clothing sales will spike
- the dude has many global companies sponsoring him (Burger King, Beats by Dre, Monster, Rolex, etc.)

So while linking the potential earnings from all those sources to this fight may be a stretch and $80m is an optimistic stretch goal, it may not be as extreme an exaggeration as it first appears.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
When its all said and done he'll end up broke and alone like all the others who came before him...

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
He made over $30 million for the Khabib fight - PPV + Base pay. That did 2.4 million.

This event isn't doing 2.4. Unless he has some kind of massive undisclosed bonus from the UFC, he's getting nowhere near 80 million, even if you factor sponsorship and boosts to proper 12.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
someone said to remove a zero from every number he claims, thought that was funny and it could be accurate.

Jan 21, 2015
Saw an interview with Masvidal/Helwani and Mavidal openly doubted that number too. I was surprised but then saw this thread and now thinkin the same thing lol

Its a terrible lot of money

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Under the old PPV system this would be the 2nd most buys ever after Conor vs. Khabib (2.4 million)

View: https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1219385085306142721?s=19
I'd literally titled a thread 'Conor-Cowboy will sell like shit' and then thought I'd better check some youtube numbers. I then immediately abandoned the thread and hoped that nobody would remember that I had been saying the same thing in other threads. They numbers told me enough.

Conor easily the biggest international combat sports star of all time now. He doesn't even need a B-side like Floyd does and his global reach is so much broader.

M

member 3289

I'd literally titled a thread 'Conor-Cowboy will sell like shit' and then thought I'd better check some youtube numbers. I then immediately abandoned the thread and hoped that nobody would remember that I had been saying the same thing in other threads. They numbers told me enough.

Conor easily the biggest international combat sports star of all time now. He doesn't even need a B-side like Floyd does and his global reach is so much broader.
You have to wonder what they increased his PPV points to after the ESPN deal. Cowboy said something like "PPV is done now after the ESPN deal" but of course that probably doesn't mean the same for him as it does for Conor.

Still, it would be interesting to see how big of a hit the numbers have taken.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

You're not as dumb as you think you are....