McGregor: Ngannou ‘made an error’ by leaving UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
UFC 260: Miocic v Ngannou 2

Francis Ngannou’s departure from the UFC in early 2023 already looks likely to be the most notable personnel change for the world’s largest MMA promotion this year. ‘The Predator’ had been butting heads with the organization going back a couple of years, and eventually elected to pursue other opportunities that his former deal with the UFC had prevented.

Part of Ngannou’s plan appears to be a high-profile boxing match against champion-level heavyweights Deontay Wilder and/or Tyson Fury. The crossover from MMA to boxing has become a major fad in the wake of Conor McGregor’s 2017 battle with Floyd Mayweather—for what ended up as a highly-lucrative venture.

However, if fans expected ‘The Notorious’ Irishman to applaud Ngannou’s decision-making, the former two-division champion still feels that the UFC is the place to be, despite the money that boxing offers.

“What, to go out and get a little side quest and see if they can get some boxing dollars and all the rest of it?” he told Ariel Helwani during a special in-studio interview with the MMA Hour. “For me, the UFC is pinnacle. It’s the company I love, it’s the company I wish to be with for the rest of my career.

“So I’ve got two fights left in my contract, and I hope we can continue.”

McGregor specifically pointed out the Francis Ngannou situation, where he says the Cameroonian-born fighter may have made a mistake leaving the company, given the perks that come with being a part of the promotion’s roster.

“If you think of Ngannou… Think of all he got. He was in that P.I. using all the equipment. There was no dough on that. There would’ve been no charge on that. He’s getting accommodations, he’s getting everything sorted. I thought he made an error, to be honest.

“I wasn’t sure why he done that, to be honest. It kind of took the shine off from how it went. But, look, I wish him well.”

McGregor just wrapped up the filming of TUF 31 against opposing coach Michael Chandler. The two men are expected to face off at a date sometime later this year, pending McGregor’s re-entry into the USADA testing pool.

Conor McGregor explains why Francis Ngannou ‘made an error’ by leaving UFC

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

"He was asking for a seat at the board of directors, he was asking for him to determine his opponent's pay," he revealed.

"We offered him £16million ($20million) guaranteed, the money wasn't enough, he wanted all of these other non-financial terms that didn't make a lot of sense.

"We obviously can't give a seat at the board of directors, that doesn't make any sense, he would be a fish out of water [in that position]."

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

"He was asking for a seat at the board of directors, he was asking for him to determine his opponent's pay," he revealed.

"We offered him £16million ($20million) guaranteed, the money wasn't enough, he wanted all of these other non-financial terms that didn't make a lot of sense.

"We obviously can't give a seat at the board of directors, that doesn't make any sense, he would be a fish out of water [in that position]."
The man wants a seat at the big boys table and wants to maybe be MORE than just a punching bag sacrificing his health for money and they shit on him....... interesting
Why is it so "obvious"? Because they think he's just some big, dumb fighter????

Dana White was a boxercise clown who got his position to move up in the world because his FRIENDS were billionaires and they handed him 10% of the UFC when they didn't have to.

I guess Francis isn't part of that old boys club...

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
Lol no one cares about non BKFC news.

UFC is done.

Let's talk about how Conor Mcdonald hit Mayweather with a liver shot so bad that Floyd turned away and stopped fighting.

Conor won by tko that fight and I never see it brought up here ????

Seems odd. Cover up maybe ?

CIA behind this ?

Rematch ?

Manny Pacman ran away from Conor ND is now sued for 80 million dollars. Dhook shook shook

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
The man wants a seat at the big boys table and wants to maybe be MORE than just a punching bag sacrificing his health for money and they shit on him....... interesting

Dana White was a boxercise clown who got his position to move up in the world because his FRIENDS were billionaires and they handed him 10% of the UFC when they didn't have to.

think about what you're saying. Francis gets his first freshly-translated pack of papers from the Finance Committee... he puts on his reading glasses and settles down to make his critical evaluation of the picture presented?

fuck that, he'd go Full Tito, misunderstand what he's there to do and start making embarrassing boundary-testing demands like a fully-unparented wealthy child

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
think about what you're saying. Francis gets his first freshly-translated pack of papers from the Finance Committee... he puts on his reading glasses and settles down to make his critical evaluation of the picture presented?

fuck that, he'd go Full Tito, misunderstand what he's there to do and start making embarrassing boundary-testing demands like a fully-unparented wealthy child
No one goes full Tito like Tito.

It's a thing of beauty.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I think Francis would do fine...

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

This is the dumbest take I've seen in 20 years of being on forums.

Bravo.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
When was the last time this dude got a paycheck? His bank account has to be shrinking rapidly. He needs to crawl back to Dana with his tail between his legs and beg forgiveness.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This doesn't help his finances:

Makes no sense unless that avoids taxes or something

Take your check and invest it in bitcoin yourself if that is your plan

I don't see the benefit other than a Bitcoin PR move, did he get a discount or payday for taking his payday in that form of payment?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Makes no sense unless that avoids taxes or something

Take your check and invest it in bitcoin yourself if that is your plan

I don't see the benefit other than a Bitcoin PR move, did he get a discount or payday for taking his payday in that form of payment?
Ngannou is such a savvy businessman that in January of 2022, when crypto had been completely written off by most, he signed a deal with Cash App to shill for their crypto use. He did this knowing that the UFC had a crypto sponsor.

Haulport @Haulport is right. One would be doing themselves a huge favor by bringing someone of his business acumen onto their board.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Ngannou is such a savvy businessman that in January of 2022, when crypto had been completely written off by most, he signed a deal with Cash App to shill for their crypto use. He did this knowing that the UFC had a crypto sponsor.

Haulport @Haulport is right. One would be doing themselves a huge favor by bringing someone of his business acumen onto their board.
I wonder what his announcement will be...

I think he fights Werdum in PFL

Slight chance of also announcing a Boxing Contract

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
Lol, who cares about this? Why has UFC done so many stupid things His demands are valid and all the above he revealed everything.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Man, I feel like I'm back on the UG with all this shilling for the UFC and ONE.........

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Man, I feel like I'm back on the UG with all this shilling for the UFC and ONE.........
Because you're so unable to make a counterpoint that you're just hurling insults? I never knew what you guys did over there. Thanks for the inside info.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Because you're so unable to make a counterpoint that you're just hurling insults? I never knew what you guys did over there. Thanks for the inside info.
I didn't realize you had such an investment in the business decisions of the UFC and One that you want to personally vet each board member. Btw: you clearly don't understand the nature of boards considering you believe that all the members even have a clue re: the business of the board they are on. 7 times out of 10 the board member is a clueless jackass.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I didn't realize you had such an investment in the business decisions of the UFC and One that you want to personally vet each board member. Btw: you clearly don't understand the nature of boards considering you believe that all the members even have a clue re: the business of the board they are on. 7 times out of 10 the board member is a clueless jackass.
So your defense of appointing Ngannou to a board of directors is that they're all idiots so he'll fit right in? You can't be serious.