McGregor pleads guilty to Dublin pub assault, fined

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015

Conor McGregor has pleaded guilty to a single charge of assault stemming from an April incident at the Marble Arch pub in Drimnagh, Ireland. “The Notorious” received a €1000 ($1,116.68) fine for the charge.

The former UFC double champion presented himself at a Dublin court on Friday morning three weeks after he initially appeared at the same Park Gate street courthouse for the same charge.

According to a report from The Journal, McGregor issued an apology to the victim of the assault, Desmond Keogh, who was not present at the hearing. The court also heard that McGregor had paid compensation to the victim. The Dubliner has one month to pay his $1,116.68 fine.

The report states that McGregor insisted that there will not be a repeat incident.

“What I did was very wrong and I’d like to apologize again to the injured party and today before the court and assure you that nothing of this nature will happen again,” McGregor said, according to The Journal.

McGregor’s solicitor Michael Staines told the court that the mixed martial arts fighter would be pleading guilty shortly after he appeared for the morning hearing. The report also states that Judge Treasa Kelly adjourned the case to allow the court to view CCTV footage of the incident, which made international headlines when it first emerged in August.

The Journal’s report also states that the McGregor legal team protested that the footage did not need to be seen by the court, but the State wished the footage to be shown.

The court was also told that the victim of the assault has accepted an apology from McGregor and did not make a victim impact statement. The court accepted a signed letter from the victim stating that he did not want to make a victim impact statement.

At a press conference in Russia last week, McGregor stated that he will make his return to the Octagon in January. As of yet, no fight has been officially announced. The Irishman has not contested a bout since his submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov in October 2018.

M

member 3289

A just penalty. Conor has learned his lesson and is a better person after this incident.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
"Nothing of this nature will happen again, except I will assault another woman before this trial is even finished"
you would think that $1,116 fine which he probably carries around in his wallet or between his couch cushions would serve as a deterrent.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
What kinda dude sucker punches an old man in the fucking head?
Hope that old man made bank.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I find it weird how the uk calls a lawyer a solicitor makes it sounds like he is selling something door to door. at least the word lawyer has Law in it.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
I find it weird how the uk calls a lawyer a solicitor makes it sounds like he is selling something door to door. at least the word lawyer has Law in it.
Solicitor also speaks in court, they are a type of lawyer, just a specific name for one that represents a client.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
That fine should deter everyone from even considering doing anything remotely close to what he did

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
That fine should deter everyone from even considering doing anything remotely close to what he did
lol I could have paid that fine with my 7 dollar an hour job I had in hs at dominos. he will inspire all the youth to tee off on old men.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
so the uk also calls them lawyers?
As far as I know.

In Ireland its a solicitor , barrister, attourney, lawer etc, different names for the same shit.

Barrister and solicitor usually speak in court, thats the only difference I know in the terms.

Still called lawyers too, pretty sure lawyer is the over arcing term for anyone who practices law.