McGregor posts update on Facebook, offers Aldo respect

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tyler Durden

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise
Oct 25, 2015
Magnanimous in victory. Maybe this guy really has figured it all out?

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Nice to see him not kicking Aldo while he's down, but this isn't enough to win me over as a fan.

Being respectful after the fact is easy. Had he always shown this level of respect for Aldo that would be one thing. But he didn't. Won't ever root for him.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
He is always respectful after the fact, Aldo got paid for this one, like, really paid and that is because Conor does what he does, the people want a show they get a show everyone gets paid

It is business

Emma B

Emma B
Sep 12, 2015
Did Conor shake Aldo's hand afterwards? I kinda missed that if he did? He said on the press conference call that he would. I know because I asked the question to Conor. :confused:

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Did Conor shake Aldo's hand afterwards? I kinda missed that if he did? He said on the press conference call that he would. I know because I asked the question to Conor. :confused:
He tired to approach Aldo after but Aldo was too out of it to interact. They may have done after that, but I don't recall.

Emma B

Emma B
Sep 12, 2015
He tired to approach Aldo after but Aldo was too out of it to interact. They may have done after that, but I don't recall.
He had the opportunity just before he was announced as the winner stood next to the ref as he said something to him, I recall that. Perhaps, maybe it was Aldo who was not up for it.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Just before they announced the decision Conor was trying to talk to Aldo but Aldo had the same expression on his face he had during the press conferences when he was talking to Conor, understandable really

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
He had the opportunity just before he was announced as the winner stood next to the ref as he said something to him, I recall that. Perhaps, maybe it was Aldo who was not up for it.
Oh, that's right, as they were standing with the ref there was a brief interaction. I'm not sure if it was a shake of hands, but there was definitely a show of respect.

Emma B

Emma B
Sep 12, 2015
Oh, that's right, as they were standing with the ref there was a brief interaction. I'm not sure if it was a shake of hands, but there was definitely a show of respect.
Yeah, it was an interaction but no shake of hands, which I was looking for personally. I know Conor is really a respectful person after all his fights. It was just something I was looking for having asked them both the question on the conference call.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah, it was an interaction but no shake of hands, which I was looking for personally. I know Conor is really a respectful person after all his fights. It was just something I was looking for having asked them both the question on the conference call.
A lot of emotions and things going on afterwards. Conor made an effort to approach after the fight, but was rebuffed, as Aldo wasn't sure of what was happening - having just been KOed - and has after the fact been extremely respectful. You may not have gotten the exact response you were looking for, but I think symbolically it has been there, if that make sense.

Emma B

Emma B
Sep 12, 2015
A lot of emotions and things going on afterwards. Conor made an effort to approach after the fight, but was rebuffed, as Aldo wasn't sure of what was happening - having just been KOed - and has after the fact been extremely respectful. You may not have gotten the exact response you were looking for, but I think symbolically it has been there, if that make sense.
It makes total sense. :)

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It looked to me like as soon as they were brought back to ring center, for the official fight outcome announcement, CM was looking over at Aldo, hoping to have the opportunity to convey respect. Didn't look fake to me, looked like a guy who had something to say to the other guy, looking for a chance to say it.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
y'all have to help me out. i'm looking for the nod of respect to aldo.
this is what i see.
you might have seen a 13 second fight..but i trained a long ass time to get a title shot which i won in 13 seconds.
then something about how he's honored to be the reason the ufc is successful, and the biggest part of the biggest ufc weekend ever.

it's obviously too soon for me. ..i'll reread it next week..maybe i'll see it then.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
It's at the end of his FB post: "Respect to a great champion in Jose Aldo. The true greats will always overcome adversity. I wish him and his loyal team well on their journey back. Much respect."

Couldn't be more clear; I presume you just didn't scroll down far enough.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
thanks.

no i didn't click to go to his facebook page at all. i clicked see more in the top post...and it ended with this

Congratulations to the staff at the UFC on a historic week in the sports history and an amazing 2015 for the company.
It is an honor to be playing a part in this great companies continued growth and success and an honor to top off a phenomenal week in the sports history.

Emma B

Emma B
Sep 12, 2015
thanks.

no i didn't click to go to his facebook page at all. i clicked see more in the top post...and it ended with this

Congratulations to the staff at the UFC on a historic week in the sports history and an amazing 2015 for the company.
It is an honor to be playing a part in this great companies continued growth and success and an honor to top off a phenomenal week in the sports history.
I was wondering the same check it @Check it. I also did not go to McGregor 's Facebook page as I thought this was the whole post too. :)

MadFatChickKilla

Oct 25, 2015
Fair play to Conor respect where it's due, didn't think he would finish Aldo in 13 seconds but he did so well done to him as Aldo is legit and has fought some great competition.

I guess the McGregor train rolls on to lightweight which I am suprised the UFC are cool with as you hold one belt up.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Nice to see him not kicking Aldo while he's down, but this isn't enough to win me over as a fan.

Being respectful after the fact is easy. Had he always shown this level of respect for Aldo that would be one thing. But he didn't. Won't ever root for him.
His actions in the zuffa offices are swaying me.. this post he made, made me a fan.