McGregor snatches Aldo's belt at UFC 189 tour stop in Dublin, forcing White to intervene

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
McGregor snatches Aldo’s belt at UFC 189 tour stop in Dublin, forcing White to intervene | MMAjunkie

How much more childish can you get? I am sure it was all cooked up by the UFC, but i think the entire so called world tour hasnt taken off like they wanted. JBJ/DC pushing session has made the UFC try to be like nickelodeon creating "Law and Order" it just doesnt work, sorry
How can you think that this world tour hasn't, 'taken off like they wanted.', when almost every other thread for a week on all MMA forums have been about this? That is exactly what they wanted. Your hate of the UFC blinds you in almost everything they are concerned with.

Feb 28, 2015
I can't help laugh at Dana's cheesy smile as he stands there in between them looking like an awkward teenager. And have to hand it to Conor, he 100% gets that anymore, entertainment value sells and love it or leave it he's expert at it. It's why he's getting a title shot long before many think he was ready/deserving and on top of it he absolutely has the skills to back it up. Gonna be a fun one. I think the world tour has done exactly what they intended and then some but I do still believe that it's wayyyyy early, the hype will undoubtedly die down as soon as it's over and then it'll be all quiet for 3 months. But, just when I think I'm about to lose interest and get tired of hearing about it, something happens or we get another inside look and I'm hooked again. I still would have preferred all of this happening a bit closer to the event but I totally get how that would have been extremely undesirable during the last few weeks of a training camp. Will be interesting to see what we see/hear about this fight between the tour ending and the actual fight. I'm 100% along for the ride so world tour mission accomplished IMO!

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Imagine if Aldo or Conor got injured in their camps. and then we don't see this fight till the end of this year. yikes.....could happen....

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I was SOOOO entertained when i watched the press conference last night. Most entertaining press conference ever, not even a close 2nd.

It was AWESOME to see how far UFC has come. Compared to UFC/SEG days, to that LOUD rawkus Ireland crowd, I was proud to see how far mma has come world wide from just 20 years ago.

That crowd had so much energy it was insane! I've been less hype for main event fights! I watched the breakdown of the belt grab a few times. Conor 100% OWNED Aldo during this tour, especially in Ireland. Conor took the crowd, put his feet up like this was his house, he's relaxing, then Aldo tried to copy him. As soon as Conor saw this, Dana had his back turned, Conor jumped and grabbed the belt, totally catching Aldo off guard. Aldo looked 1 step behind which is why he didn't have the belt in his protection, he was caught slippin, initiated by Conor putting his feet up.

Absolutely brilliant!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No way Aldo agrees to it. Watching the embedded series it became very important for him to 'dominate' these media events.

I haven't been watching.
Maybe I just expect Aldo to be more aggressive outside the cage like he is in it.
But I can definitely imagine him wrestling internally with "I should punch this asshole vs I don't feel like get sanctioned or fined on the way to a big payday"

If not staged, the guy is REALLY controlled under pressure. He could have easily snapped in that moment and just started swinging

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I haven't been watching.
Maybe I just expect Aldo to be more aggressive outside the cage like he is in it.
But I can definitely imagine him wrestling internally with "I should punch this asshole vs I don't feel like get sanctioned or fined on the way to a big payday"

If not staged, the guy is REALLY controlled under pressure. He could have easily snapped in that moment and just started swinging
Aldo has shown a lot of restraint. It is part of the fascinating aspect of this fight, you've got the cold, determined, comparatively silent, killer verses the brash, loud mouthed, but extremely skilled prospect. It is a great rivalry and the embedded series to document this world tour was a stroke of genius.

With the way it shows the back and forth, the mind games, the competitiveness even on how media is going to go down, it just feels like fight week, and that is great. Part of the experience of big fights is fight week, and we've had that 3 months out and will get it again later, that is awesome.

Last edited:

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
How can you think that this world tour hasn't, 'taken off like they wanted.', when almost every other thread for a week on all MMA forums have been about this? That is exactly what they wanted. Your hate of the UFC blinds you in almost everything they are concerned with.[/Q
How can you think that this world tour hasn't, 'taken off like they wanted.', when almost every other thread for a week on all MMA forums have been about this? That is exactly what they wanted. Your hate of the UFC blinds you in almost everything they are concerned with.
Your right, threads on MMA forums, correct, Mainstream Media no, Maybe they should rename it MMA Forum World Tour?