McGregor to make UFC return 'as soon as possible'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

After suffering the first loss of his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) career at the hands of Nate Diaz at UFC 196 In Las Vegas, Nevada, Conor McGregor is ready to jump back on the horse.

And he wants to do it as soon as possible.

That's according to UFC president Dana White, who told The Russillo and Kanell show on ESPN that "Notorious" is already plotting his Octagon return. Date and opponent, however, have yet to be determined.

White speaks:

"I was at his house last night talking to him. He wants to fight again as soon as possible. He wants to jump back in there and he wants to fight again. We're working on who the next opponent will be."

Of course, the brash head honcho is still gushing over his golden goose, who took a chance and jumped up two weight classes in order to save the pay-per-view (PPV) event after Rafael dos Anjos bowed of out their lightweight title fight with an injury.

"What happened Saturday night, Conor was supposed to go for a second world title at 155 pounds. Rafael dos Anjos, the guy he was supposed to fight, broke his foot and pulled out of the fight 10 days before so Conor said 'let's fight Nate Diaz at 170'. We're like what? He goes 'yeah I want to fight him'. So we call Nate Diaz and we ended up making that fight. Conor McGregor is so much fun in the fight business. Guys don't do that. Guys who are making the money that Conor McGregor makes, has the money in the bank, and all the things that are going on with him, he has a world title, he just decides to jump up two weight classes and fight somebody else."

LINK: Dana White: Conor McGregor to make UFC return 'as soon as possible'

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Lol at the continued "jumping up two weight classes" campaign.
Well, they did fight at 170, so he did jump two weight classes. But with that in mind, he didn't fight a welter wieght at that class, he fought a 55er who jumped one weight class. Technically the eggman is right.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Well, they did fight at 170, so he did jump two weight classes. But with that in mind, he didn't fight a welter wieght at that class, he fought a 55er who jumped one weight class. Technically the eggman is right.
Yeah, but c'mon....he fought a 155er would couldn't make 170 because he was drinking tequila in Cabo 10 days before the fight. Dana's just being Dana.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I thought Dana was the one who wanted to put an end to multi-weight class fighters.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Yeah, but c'mon....he fought a 155er would couldn't make 170 because he was drinking tequila in Cabo 10 days before the fight. Dana's just being Dana.
The rare moment I stick up for the eggman and you go and ruin it!

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The one thing I'll say is Conor will fight again soon which is comendable. Fucking Dana promoting saying he went up two weight classes is promotion. I want to see him fight tony Ferguson or Edson Barboza..........

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
IF it was Jon Jones he would have pulled out and destroyed the whole pay per view.. Connor has balls..

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Guys don't do that. Guys who are making the money that Conor McGregor makes, has the money in the bank, and all the things that are going on with him, he has a world title, he just decides to jump up two weight classes and fight somebody else."
Cool story.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Conor vs Barboza would be bananas. Conor BETTER keep his hands up against Edson or it will be a loooong painful night or even a quick painful one.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Conor vs Barboza would be bananas. Conor BETTER keep his hands up against Edson or it will be a loooong painful night or even a quick painful one.
swear Was about to post this..Or vs Boy