McGregor to Mayweather: 'Don't ever bring race into my success again'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

McGregor took umbrage with Mayweather's implication that race has something to do with why McGregor has emerged as one of the most popular fighters in the UFC in a Facebook post Friday.

"Floyd Mayweather, don't ever bring race into my success again," McGregor wrote. "I am an Irishman. My people have been oppressed our entire existence. And still very much are. I understand the feeling of prejudice. It is a feeling that is deep in my blood. In my family's long history of warfare there was a time where just having the name 'McGregor' was punishable by death. Do not ever put me in a bracket like this again."

McGregor, the UFC's featherweight champion, also challenged Mayweather to a fight. He offered the boxing legend an 80-20 split -- with McGregor getting the greater sum.

"If you want we can organise a fight no problem," wrote McGregor, who will challenge for the UFC lightweight title against Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 197 on March 5. "I will give you a fair 80/20 split purse in my favour seen as your last fight bombed at every area of revenue. At 27 years of age, I now hold the key to this game. The game answers to me now."

LINK: Conor McGregor responds to Floyd Mayweather: 'Don't ever bring race into my success again'

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Sorry to hear you and your ancestors went through that Conor, but I think you're missing the point.

M

member 1013

They should both shut up and fight for my amusement. Against each other preferably. Other than doing that I'm like, "meh" to both of them.

Most Mayweather fights are stinkers anyway.

Virtually Identical

Posting Machine
Jul 12, 2015
Sorry to hear you and your ancestors went through that Conor, but I think you're missing the point.

No doubt...ancient history isn't part of the equation. I mean if you want to see some truth in what Mayweather said you could compare how two young, undefeated, dynamic, good looking and well spoken fighters are treated. Like say Sage Northcutt and Aljamain Sterling. That would be considerably more relevant in context of modern prize fighting than shit from hundreds of years ago.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
They wiped out or force emmigrated 3 million people in a famine which was perpetuated by the export of most of our agrarian produce, while the staple spud crop was rotting in the ground. That was just one 5 year period in a half millenium of oppression.

M

member 1013

They wiped out or force emmigrated 3 million people in a famine which was perpetuated by the export of most of our agrarian produce, while the staple spud crop was rotting in the ground. That was just one 5 year period in a half millenium of oppression.
Hey man, I said jk. :(

M

member 1013

Have you read the works of Richard Killeen? I own all his books dawg.

M

member 1013

I, did not see that. I thought you went straight for the feels.
never

love the irish

fantastically amusing leprachauns and liam neesons, all of them. also an irish lady to represent everyone. a hot irish lady because hot chicks are the best.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
never

love the irish

fantastically amusing leprachauns and liam neesons, all of them. also an irish lady to represent everyone. a hot irish lady because hot chicks are the best.
Ahh I was only fucking with ya. Not to say you're wrong, about any of that post.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Pity Floyd will never fight him, I'd love to see him run away from Conor for twelve rounds.

M

member 1013

No thanks for the recommend.
A Brief History of Ireland: Land, People, History is good start. Although I am sure you are much more familiar with your history than I and are probably familiar with a majority of it.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
A Brief History of Ireland: Land, People, History is good start. Although I am sure you are much more familiar with your history than I and are probably familiar with a majority of it.
Ah you'd be amazed wading through the revisionism means you could read for a lifetime.

M

member 3289

A university history teacher once said in a lecture that if Africans hadn't been black, English settlers to the US would've most likely used Irish.

They didn't, but it does show you how the Irish have been viewed throughout history.