General Meet Kevin

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
D31B7D7A-1D2D-4A82-81DB-272356CD0BD5.jpeg
A4E2C2DA-C812-4D93-B608-52055CA29957.jpeg
D580DA0D-6368-4CFA-AFB2-0272DC38C908.jpeg

We found him at a shelter in Oroville WA a few weeks ago and finally were able to pick him up today. Moms a German shorthair pointer X hound and dads a rottie. He’s just months and weighs about 25 lbs. So far he seems very chill and relatively stress free.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Kevin looks like a very good boy!
Congratulations!
Thanks. It was about a two hour drive each way and I’m sure that’s the first times he’s seen anything outside of his shelters kennel. Couple whines but nothing unexpected. Tomorrow we hit the ground running with a strict training regime!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Tomorrow we hit the ground running with a strict training regime

We've got a new puppy in the house. Made 4 months this week. Wild child that is just starting to get the knack that there might be something to follow. As far as directions. We plan to board and train. Drop off for a month. Pick up with the basics. Go from there.

Looks like you have turf? Looks like a good setup. Awesome dog you got there.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We've got a new puppy in the house. Made 4 months this week. Wild child that is just starting to get the knack that there might be something to follow. As far as directions. We plan to board and train. Drop off for a month. Pick up with the basics. Go from there.

Looks like you have turf? Looks like a good setup. Awesome dog you got there.
Ya I’m absolutely the fake grass man. I don’t even own a lawn mower or weed whacked. Let me know how the long drop off goes. We have a place close by that does a 3 week drop off thing too but I’m wanting to do as much as I can myself. Myself as in learn from standard training sessions, books and other things. What kind of dog did you guys get?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
View attachment 64780
View attachment 64781
View attachment 64782

We found him at a shelter in Oroville WA a few weeks ago and finally were able to pick him up today. Moms a German shorthair pointer X hound and dads a rottie. He’s just months and weighs about 25 lbs. So far he seems very chill and relatively stress free.
couple things
- that dog is fucken awesome
- dogs respond well to one syllable names. plus, "Kevin" is the gayest name ever. so go with "kev" imo

* im not trying to be mean. my name is technically Kevin. and i hate it. Kev is cool as shit tho

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
couple things
- that dog is fucken awesome
- dogs respond well to one syllable names. plus, "Kevin" is the gayest name ever. so go with "kev" imo

* im not trying to be mean. my name is technically Kevin. and i hate it. Kev is cool as shit tho
On paper he’s Sir Kevington of Barksberg but when he’s just being himself he Kev.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Ya I’m absolutely the fake grass man. I don’t even own a lawn mower or weed whacked. Let me know how the long drop off goes. We have a place close by that does a 3 week drop off thing too but I’m wanting to do as much as I can myself. Myself as in learn from standard training sessions, books and other things. What kind of dog did you guys get?
Same here. Fake grass all the way. Why wouldn't you?

Lovely dog btw.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
ill stop spamming. the reason i make that joke is because one of my best buds, a maldovian kid said that my name was gay. he used to flick his wrist and say kevin with a lisp (not really a lisp. but in flambouyant way). cracked me up

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Ya he’s got great markings. Here’s litter mates from the original posting. He’s Hudson in the photo but we like Kevin more.

View attachment 64788
I'd highly recommend this book:

View: https://www.amazon.ca/Tom-Dokkens-Retriever-Training-Developing/dp/089689858X

I know what you're thinking "I'm not planning to hunt with my dog." The book starts from the day you bring the dog home and has great puppy training basics. Even things that are technical intended to be for hunting have great day to day applications. Ie, Not jumping out of the car/truck until you give it permission. We taught our dog to "shake' on command. It's intended to make sure that a wet dog doesn't shake in a tuppy boat and flip it over, but it's a great help when you have to towel off a wet or muddy dog and you can have him/her give a good shake before they come in the house.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
ohhh idea!!

even if you don't go all in and make a youtube channel for your dog, you should record a couple cool clips of your puppy. like holding him in front of you. or him jumping onto you on the couch

a year from now you do the same thing with him full grown

upload to youtube. maybe a dud. but shit like that goes viral, and it could make you a few grand

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ohhh idea!!

even if you don't go all in and make a youtube channel for your dog, you should record a couple cool clips of your puppy. like holding him in front of you. or him jumping onto you on the couch

upload to youtube. maybe a dud. but shit like that goes viral, and it could make you a few grand
His shitting debut should be any minute. I’m googling how to live stream it now.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
ohhh idea!!

or Nuk could do a couple of vids and use splints website that allows them to be posted on here.

Who doesnt like puppys fucking about .

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'd highly recommend this book:

View: https://www.amazon.ca/Tom-Dokkens-Retriever-Training-Developing/dp/089689858X

I know what you're thinking "I'm not planning to hunt with my dog." The book starts from the day you bring the dog home and has great puppy training basics. Even things that are technical intended to be for hunting have great day to day applications. Ie, Not jumping out of the car/truck until you give it permission. We taught our dog to "shake' on command. It's intended to make sure that a wet dog doesn't shake in a tuppy boat and flip it over, but it's a great help when you have to towel off a wet or muddy dog and you can have him/her give a good shake before they come in the house.
I like it. Some vids on YT from him as well.

View: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0F4E92E5883CF0C6