General Meet Kevin

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I think they can show, but have to register as Chocolates. Again, neither of us care, lol. As I said, for me my concern would be that it wasn't well bred, but if you can confirm they weren't dipping in the shallow end of the gene pool to get their silvers, it should be a good pup.

If you get a female dog you should name her Brianna Barksdale.
This lead on a lab pup has proven to be promising. Sounds like I can definitely have one if I want it. They’re only like 17 days old, so the lady said the earliest she’d release is end of July (6ish weeks) if they’re fat and healthy and doing ok on their own. But said her last litter was at 8 weeks, which is how old my last lab pup was when I got it. I think 8 weeks with the mama and litter mates is best, so maybe early august we could have a pup back in the house.

she sent me some pics of the dogs that came from the previous litter….Gorgeous dogs. Now that I’ve had a chance to get to know her a bit and these pups, I’m more comfortable with this.

sounds like I need to get some shit ready around here.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This lead on a lab pup has proven to be promising. Sounds like I can definitely have one if I want it. They’re only like 17 days old, so the lady said the earliest she’d release is end of July (6ish weeks) if they’re fat and healthy and doing ok on their own. But said her last litter was at 8 weeks, which is how old my last lab pup was when I got it. I think 8 weeks with the mama and litter mates is best, so maybe early august we could have a pup back in the house.

she sent me some pics of the dogs that came from the previous litter….Gorgeous dogs. Now that I’ve had a chance to get to know her a bit and these pups, I’m more comfortable with this.

sounds like I need to get some shit ready around here.
I thought of you today. I had to take our girl to the vet today to get a suspected ear infection checked out. All the staff love her and marvel at how good of a disposition she has. Their adoration is often followed by "This is why we love having labs as patients.".

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I thought of you today. I had to take our girl to the vet today to get a suspected ear infection checked out. All the staff love her and marvel at how good of a disposition she has. Their adoration is often followed by "This is why we love having labs as patients.".
That was pretty much every experience I had at a vet with my las lab, god she was so awesome ?

and she used to get ear infections too. I had her in the water a lot and I think that contributed. I’m sure your aware, but I used to use this special ear rinse weekly, and every time after water, and that really helped knock those down. Can’t remember what it was, but this is the kind of stuff I need to get back into having on hand!

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
That was pretty much every experience I had at a vet with my las lab, god she was so awesome ?

and she used to get ear infections too. I had her in the water a lot and I think that contributed. I’m sure your aware, but I used to use this special ear rinse weekly, and every time after water, and that really helped knock those down. Can’t remember what it was, but this is the kind of stuff I need to get back into having on hand!
We've had her 7 years and she's never had one. Apparently labs get them from being in water, and because they love to roll on the ground/rub their faces on things which leads to stuff/moisture getting into their ears.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Elsa got glowing reviews at the vet today, as well. Even though she gave the vet tech one bork when we got there and she came around to take her to the back. She just loves her mommy.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
We've had her 7 years and she's never had one. Apparently labs get them from being in water, and because they love to roll on the ground/rub their faces on things which leads to stuff/moisture getting into their ears.
Yep, sounds like the same thing. But my pup started getting them around 3. But to be fair, I had her in the water a lot. This ear cleaner I mentioned really knocked those down though and it became rare. It was also an alcohol based thing so it helped dry the ears out after a swim too. So I used it about once a week and after a swim, and those infections mostly went away.