Cinema Mel Gibson & Shia LaBeouf Set For Satire ‘Rothchild’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jerk

hard
May 10, 2019
The starry Cannes market packages keep coming. Shia LaBeouf and Mel Gibson have been set to star in dark satire Rothchild about New York’s super rich.

The project, whose title puns on the wealthy Rothschild group, charts how charismatic outcast Becket Rothchild (LaBeouf) plots his way back into his family’s riches, setting himself on a collision course with patriarch Whitelaw Rothchild (Gibson). On the way, he must infiltrate the weird and twisted lives of his super-rich kin including frat boys, hipster artists and reality TV stars.

Shia LaBeouf And Mel Gibson Are To Star In Jon S. Baird’s ‘Rothchild’ – Deadline

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
I wish Mel would run for prime minister. He would win in a landslide.
We're about to have our 8th leadership in the last 12 years coz no one likes any of the politician twats.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I wish Mel would run for prime minister. He would win in a landslide.
We're about to have our 8th leadership in the last 12 years coz no one likes any of the politician twats.
Asiddd from it being a terrible idea, Mel's a Yank.

He's not even an Australian citizen.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He never got citizenship for all his draft-dodging years spent in Oz?
Nah just permanent residency. Funny but ridiculous to call Mel himself a draft dodger - his Dad wanted his older brother to avoid the draft (weird choice to come here, as we were basically the only other dipshits that were with you in Vietnam). Combat troops had already been pulled from Vietnam by the time Gibson was 18.

We had a weird scandal here recently when it was only figured out a couple of years ago that you can't be a member of Parliament here if you are a dual citizen (apparently nobody had bothered to check this) and it completely fucked everything. So good old 'Aussie Mel' couldn't run for Parliament here even if he was a citizen unless he renounced his US citizenship.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
We had a weird scandal here recently when it was only figured out a couple of years ago that you can't be a member of Parliament here if you are a dual citizen (apparently nobody had bothered to check this) and it completely fucked everything.
When I see most of the political posts from Aussies I think "These people don't have any understanding of how government works." Turns out it's a top down issue.