Cinema Metallica - Some Kind of Monster on NETFLIX

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Not a huge Metallica fan, but watched it this morning...found it very interesting. Kirk Hammet seems like the nicest fella. Thanks for the recommendation tang @Tang !

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Not a huge Metallica fan, but watched it this morning...found it very interesting. Kirk Hammet seems like the nicest fella. Thanks for the recommendation tang @Tang !
Your welcome brother!

Yea, Kirk seems like a down to earth pretty mellow dude.

The part when they were auditioning different Bassists and eventually recruiting Robert Trujillo was pretty dope.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Your welcome brother!

Yea, Kirk seems like a down to earth pretty mellow dude.

The part when they were auditioning different Bassists and eventually recruiting Robert Trujillo was pretty dope.
Yeah, that dude seems cool as hell too. He was so grateful and you could tell.

I thought Lars and James came of as gigantic spoiled babies. I listened to JH on JRE recently, and he came across much more level headed on that. Maybe he's matured, or maybe he just put on airs for Joe's podcast.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I thought Lars and James came of as gigantic spoiled babies. I listened to JH on JRE recently, and he came across much more level headed on that. Maybe he's matured, or maybe he just put on airs for Joe's podcast.
yea I thought the same. I was thinking to myself if they ever make a Metallica movie, Giovanni Ribisi should play Lars and Kevin Bacon should play Hetfield.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Lol at Metallica being one of the all time top selling bands ever and Lars still being the most hated man in rock

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
So I finally got around to watching this. I was a HUGE Metallica fan back in the day - seen them live 8 or 9 times I'd guess. I didn't love Load / ReLoad...and I absolutely hated Saint Anger - which is why I stayed away from this doc.

Finally watched it last night.
It's an interesting doc for sure.

James and Lars come off as over-sensitive babies. If I was Newstead and was financially fine I would have left that shit too. LMAO at a metal band having a full time therapist.

Lars is such an asshole I don't know how he doesn't have a black eye 100% of the time. Such a cunt.

Kirk was cool. So was Trujillo (who I saw live with Suicidal back in the 90s)

But GOOD GAWD - The music in this doc is fucking garbage. I forgot how horrible of an album Saint Anger was. No shit - me and my buddies could grab a case of beer and knock out better shit in a single session.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I'll check it out now that I know about it.

View attachment 81217
Get ready for some cringy music and lyrics.

I like their earlier stuff best, but I'm not one of those "Fuck the black album" guys. That was a solid effort with great tunes.

I started to fade with Load and Reload. And Saint Anger was one of the worst albums ever recorded. Haven't listened to anything they've done after that.

This doc is such a bad look for the band I'm honesty surprised they released it. Zero self awareness.