Society Mexico approves landmark cannabis legalization bill in landslide vote that would create the world's largest legal marijuana market

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Mexico approves landmark cannabis legalization bill in landslide vote that would create the world's largest legal marijuana market and strip power from cartels

• Mexico's Senate on Thursday voted 82-18 in favor of a bill to legalize marijuana
  • The bill will be introduced in the lower house of Congress in December
  • The reform law would most likely pass since President Andrés Manuel López Obrador's party has the majority in both champers of Congress
  • The López Obrador administration backed the legalization of cannabis before the leftist leader took office in December 2018
  • The passing of the bill will deal a huge blow to drug cartels, whose large presence in the nation has left more than 250,000 people dead since 2006

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Mexico approves landmark cannabis legalization bill in landslide vote that would create the world's largest legal marijuana market and strip power from cartels

• Mexico's Senate on Thursday voted 82-18 in favor of a bill to legalize marijuana
  • The bill will be introduced in the lower house of Congress in December
  • The reform law would most likely pass since President Andrés Manuel López Obrador's party has the majority in both champers of Congress
  • The López Obrador administration backed the legalization of cannabis before the leftist leader took office in December 2018
  • The passing of the bill will deal a huge blow to drug cartels, whose large presence in the nation has left more than 250,000 people dead since 2006
cartels get most of their money from meth heroin,pills bootleg promethazine with codeine and coke. this weed bill is not really denting their pocket books.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
cartels get most of their money from meth heroin,pills bootleg promethazine with codeine and coke this weed bill is not really denting their pocket books.
Canada is experiencing a surge in drug toxicity deaths and overdoses.. with the borders closed, the supply is much more toxic. Is America experiencing the same?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Canada is experiencing a surge in drug toxicity deaths and overdoses.. with the borders closed, the supply is much more toxic. Is America experiencing the same?
I believe our drug, alcohol, and suicide rates are all up considerably, but I don't know that it is due to toxicity of any given product, it's just that people don't have much to do besides burn and loot, so they go home and blow off some steam by indulging much more than they previously did.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
In Belgium the alcohol, drug, and violence pandemic is breaking records.

But I'm gone in a few weeks

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
VIVA ! Friend of mine who won the Cannabis Cup Twice is down there teaching the Mexicans how to grow good weed.
Lucha Libre

M

member 3289

I support legalization as long as smoking isn't allowed in public places.

I think I've told this story before, but when I toured Alcatraz Island, one of the park rangers (it is legally recognized as a national park) had to announce to the entire group of tourists that smoking weed on the property was not allowed because federal law applies on the island rather than California state law. I was mind-blown.

Not about the legal jurisdiction stuff, that's normal. I was mind-blown that people actually had to be told not to light up in public.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
cartels get most of their money from meth heroin,pills bootleg promethazine with codeine and coke. this weed bill is not really denting their pocket books.
It's also cute that they think this will do anything other than ramp up cartel production.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I support legalization as long as smoking isn't allowed in public places.

I think I've told this story before, but when I toured Alcatraz Island, one of the park rangers (it is legally recognized as a national park) had to announce to the entire group of tourists that smoking weed on the property was not allowed because federal law applies on the island rather than California state law. I was mind-blown.

Not about the legal jurisdiction stuff, that's normal. I was mind-blown that people actually had to be told not to light up in public.
In Ontario you can smoke marijuana anywhere you can smoke cigarettes. What's funny is being publicly intoxicated is illegal.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
As someone who works full time and pays taxes I don't drink in public. I'm just asking for some consistency. We should either be allowed to get fucked up in public or we shouldn't.
I think 1 or 2 Marijuanas in public is about as bad as a beer or 2. But seriously no one wants to smell skunk while playing with their kids at the park.