General Miami Condo Collapses

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
At Least 1 Dead After A 12-Story Building Partially Collapses Near Miami

A massive and painstaking search-and-rescue operation was underway just north of Miami Beach on Thursday morning, after a 12-story residential building partially collapsed in the middle of the night.

M

member 3289

It's a rich area. Most people even here are probably unaware of Surfside's existence as it is a very small city. All coastal, so the properties are expensive as fuck.

Imagine spending millions on a property to have your building collapse...

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Looks like controlled demolition. Collapses free fall into its own footprint. Weird (and sad). Hard telling how many died from that.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Crazy.
Was there some recent bad weather in the area that might have weekened the structure?

Maybe a sinkhole opened up under the foundation?

So odd to see a building like that just collapse.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Contractors got some splainin to do
there was a roof renovation underway, but it would take a serious fuck up on the roof to get a straight fall.

more likely a sinkhole or other foundation damage and the roof work just weakened the stick-build.

M

member 3289

Crazy.
Was there some recent bad weather in the area that might have weekened the structure?

Maybe a sinkhole opened up under the foundation?

So odd to see a building like that just collapse.
Nothing out of the ordinary for the season. 3-4 inches of rain in the past month in that area, but we're used to 60" of rain per year and hurricanes, so buildings should be up to code.
Screenshot_20210624-123546_Chrome.jpg

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I can't imagine being in the part that fell last...there's a good 8 seconds of "where the fuck did the building go?" before it tilts over and collapses.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
there was a roof renovation underway, but it would take a serious fuck up on the roof to get a straight fall.

more likely a sinkhole or other foundation damage and the roof work just weakened the stick-build.
I really hope the cause wasn't negligence, but something unforeseen without fault.

M

member 3289

I really hope the cause wasn't negligence, but something unforeseen without fault.
It's Miami-Dade County, where shit is usually only handled once it becomes a problem rather than in advance. But I thought building codes were an exception to that.