General Miami Condo Collapses

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Built in 1981 according to Miami Condo Lifestyle.

136 condos. Some 2 br. Some 3 br.
1429 to 2243 sq ft

Price range: $590k to $915k
some large condos. condos here start at 500 sq ft and cost the same amount of money.
fat tony built these condos. nevada might have this happen they have a history of doing shitty construction on houses/condos a few news stories on the youtubes.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
136 units. 9 million dollar repair cost. Let's just call it 10 for easy math.

Almost 75,000 dollars per unit cost.
How does a condo association even manage that?
Take a 15-year loan and you're still looking at $5,000 a year. Any idea what the usual condo association fees are in a place like that? $500 a month? $1,000 a month?

I'm very curious about the logistics when a building has such a high repair price tag. Could the association go insolvent and the building be condemned?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
136 units. 9 million dollar repair cost. Let's just call it 10 for easy math.

Almost 75,000 dollars per unit cost.
How does a condo association even manage that?
Take a 15-year loan and you're still looking at $5,000 a year. Any idea what the usual condo association fees are in a place like that? $500 a month? $1,000 a month?

I'm very curious about the logistics when a building has such a high repair price tag. Could the association go insolvent and the building be condemned?
I assume whoever owned the building would be on the hook? Did they have an HOA?

M

member 3289

Any idea what the usual condo association fees are in a place like that? $500 a month? $1,000 a month?
Until Monday, units in Champlain South were on the market for more than $600,000, with a homeowners association fee of over $900.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
come on, mannn. do not give our conspiracy friends any new ideas
Listen, I'm not saying anything untoward has gone on, but I heard from a reliable source that this building had just moved to Florida from Maricopa County, Arizona and was writing a memoir about its time working with the Clinton Foundation...

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Time has already ran out. They said early on that they'd recovered all of the survivors they expected to recover.
Now that a fire broke out and everything was flooded to suppress that fire, it's a dig for bodies.

M

member 3289

Time has already ran out. They said early on that they'd recovered all of the survivors they expected to recover.
Now that a fire broke out and everything was flooded to suppress that fire, it's a dig for bodies.
Rescuers are holding out hope that there might be survivors in air pockets. But they haven't found anyone since the collapse on Thursday so you're probably right.