General Miami Condo Collapses

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So sick of public figures talking about how they are "praying" like that means or does fucking anything.

Who are you praying to, guy? Your God who was the one who collapsed the building onto a couple of hundred sleeping people in the first place? Ridiculous.

??
i can't imagine what it's like to be so triggered by public expressions of empathy.

i get that it's not how you express empathy, but just...wow.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
i can't imagine what it's like to be so triggered by public expressions of empathy.

i get that it's not how you express empathy, but just...wow.
I'm not triggered. Just think it's a tired cliche, hearing the same shit every time without fail, and it's ALWAYS nonsense.

We're in the 21st Century. Prayers are not a real thing, and don't help anybody. Especially not when they're directed to the same psychopath who decided to collapse the building on top of the people in the first place.

But hey, if that gives people comfort and makes them feel like somebody is doing something, right?

??

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Pretty sure an engineer's report is like the boat coming for you in a flood. Pretty sure not fixing the building and inspectors not kicking the people out is the free will of humans part. But that's just my understanding as kind of an outsider on the subject

M

member 1013

Pretty sure an engineer's report is like the boat coming for you in a flood. Pretty sure not fixing the building and inspectors not kicking the people out is the free will of humans part. But that's just my understanding as kind of an outsider on the subject

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
My guess is most of the legal battles that come out of this mess will be of the civil suit variety. I'm sure we'll see several class-action suits filed.

Willfully ignoring structural issues found during inspection reports can be criminal.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'm not triggered. Just think it's a tired cliche, hearing the same shit every time without fail, and it's ALWAYS nonsense.

We're in the 21st Century. Prayers are not a real thing, and don't help anybody. Especially not when they're directed to the same psychopath who decided to collapse the building on top of the people in the first place.

But hey, if that gives people comfort and makes them feel like somebody is doing something, right?

??
it's hilarious how you state that you don't know who they're praying to, but you're sure that entity is a psychopath who caused the destruction.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
it's hilarious how you state that you don't know who they're praying to, but you're sure that entity is a psychopath who caused the destruction.
Devil's... um, advocate.

If you could have used supernatural power to stop a horrible tragedy resulting in the loss of human life, but chose not to do anything about it, doesn't that mean you have a careless disregard and are maybe a sociopath at least?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Devil's... um, advocate.

If you could have used supernatural power to stop a horrible tragedy resulting in the loss of human life, but chose not to do anything about it, doesn't that mean you have a careless disregard and are maybe a sociopath at least?
can you pray to someone for comfort who did not have the power to stop the event?

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
can you pray to someone for comfort who did not have the power to stop the event?
You can pray to anyone for any reason.

Sort of non responsive tho. Although I don't believe, I have no qualms with those who do. Just, it's why I'm an atheist: the use of power seems capricious.

M

member 1013

Devil's... um, advocate.

Trust

the

plan!!