Michael Bisping’s coach says Kelvin Gastelum a ‘tougher fight’ than Georges St-Pierre

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Many fight fans were surprised to see former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping step up to fight Kelvin Gastelum at UFC Fight Night 122 on Nov. 25 in Shanghai, China. After all, Bisping is coming off a submission defeat to Georges St-Pierre at UFC 217 earlier this month in which he lost his 185-pound title.

Still, Bisping is up for the challenge and more than willing to fill in for the legendary Anderson Silva. While Gastelum is essentially a welterweight stuck in the middleweight title mix, Bisping’s striking coach, Jason Parillo, believes the young contender is actually a more difficult matchup on the feet than GSP was.

“Really, Kelvin is, in my opinion, on the feet, a tougher fight than Georges St-Pierre,” said Parillo in a recent interview on the ESPN Five Rounds podcast . “It’s not like Mike’s a guy that shoots and wrestles all the time so obviously it’s gonna be a lot of stand up fighting and this guy’s a bigger threat than I think that even Georges was.”

Coach: Gastelum Tougher Fight For Bisping Than GSP

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Lol whatever they need to tell themselves.bisping got wrecked by a smaller man who hadnt fought in 4 years

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
"I know Michael could beat GSP. I truly believe in my heart of hearts that Michael would’ve started running away with it had we got to that fourth round."

-Parillo

Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken
jason73 @jason73
BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard
GSPTrainingInAPool @Cagesidelore
"If my guy hadn't been flattened with a left hook and choked unconscious, he had a real shot at winning that fight!"

Hey Parillo! If my wife didn't have a bald spot and a uni-brow, she could be a supermodel!

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
If they said this pre gsp fight,I'd have believed them possibly. It's not un reasonable

But after GSPs performance, it's hard to believe it

I don't think GSP is light years ahead of kevin tho. So it's not thaaat far fetched. Just selling the fight. Looks like nothing to me

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Lol whatever they need to tell themselves.bisping got wrecked by a smaller man who hadnt fought in 4 years
And hadn’t finished someone since UFC 94 but that was B.J quitting. His last real finish was when he made Hughes verbally tap at like UFC 79.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
If i was 5 inches taller, more athletic, and a better jumper, i would have played in the NBA

If my aunt Robin had a dick she would be my uncle Rob.

Bisping got whooped by a retired WW and will likely get whooped again by Kelvin. His manager is laying the groundwork for the loss.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If i was 5 inches taller, more athletic, and a better jumper, i would have played in the NBA

If my aunt Robin had a dick she would be my uncle Rob.

Bisping got whooped by a retired WW and will likely get whooped again by Kelvin. His manager is laying the groundwork for the loss.
I tried tagging you 3 times but couldn't get the Temehhhh right.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
There was a time when no matter who Georges fought,Georges would always claim that this would be his toughtest fight ever.

He didn`t do it this time for Bisping.

Last edited:

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
"I know Michael could beat GSP. I truly believe in my heart of hearts that Michael would’ve started running away with it had we got to that fourth round."

-Parillo
I know the results are what it is but it did seem GSP was fading towards the end of 3rd and I thought the same thing. If it went to 4th, thought Bisping would get the better of him but GSP surprised me.

when you were watching live, did u really think GSP was going to KO Bisping? I sure didn't. I thought he'd have won by lay and pray.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

-Parillo
He left out the part where running away with it in the 4th and 5th would have still had him losing 48-47.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Well, seeing as GSP was beating the shit out of him for the duration of the fight. Yes.
good for you for seeing that but logically didn't make sense to me cuz at one point in time GSP was beating the shit outta Fitch, Hardy, Diaz, and others and couldn't finish. and he's going to magically finish a MW?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
good for you for seeing that but logically didn't make sense to me cuz at one point in time GSP was beating the shit outta Fitch, Hardy, Diaz, and others and couldn't finish. and he's going to magically finish a MW?
I could be mistaken, but I don't remember GSP spending as much time on the feet with his previous fights as he did with Bisping.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
when you say "being on the feet" you're implying damage that was done by getting picked apart?

For most part of the fight with Fitch, weren't they on the feet and Fitch had most damage that was done out of any GSP's opponents, but GSP wasn't able to finish him. and Fitch is a ww, so I guess you got a gift, seeing how you saw the KO coming for MW Bisping.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
For most part of the fight with Fitch, weren't they on the feet and Fitch had most damage that was done out of any GSP's opponents, but GSP wasn't able to finish him. and Fitch is a ww, so I guess you got a gift, seeing how you saw the KO coming for MW Bisping.
Bearing in mind that Bisping wasn't KO'ed. I'd have thought the same thing during the Fitch fight.