Michael Bisping: ‘I’m not willing to wait a year for Georges St-Pierre’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

There is still no confirmed date for Michael Bisping’s UFC middleweight title defense vs. Georges St-Pierre. Bisping wants the bout to happen in July, which would cap off the UFC’s annual International Fight Week special in Las Vegas. Dana White also confirmed that they were targeting UFC 213, but St-Pierre said that he was looking at returning after the summer.

Bisping told listeners on his Believe You Me podcast that he’s not going to put up with St-Pierre pushing the fight back to the fall, which would make it a year between fights for the Brit.

“Long story short, it looks like GSP is trying to push for a later date.…

Bisping ‘not willing to wait a year’ for GSP, could fight Romero instead

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
If the UFC wants this fight to happen the fight will happen when GSP says it will happen. Mike is a big name but he unfortunately is not setting when the fight happens

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
If the UFC wants this fight to happen the fight will happen when GSP says it will happen. Mike is a big name but he unfortunately is not setting when the fight happens
Holly Holmes did it.

GSP's return is big regardless, there is no particular reason why Bisping is some massive extra 'money fight' that they need to hold out for, GSP can just fight someone else.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
If he's smart, he'll wait for GSP. Big pay day, a lot less riskier fight too IMO.
It's weird, but I actually think Bisping has a better chance against Romero than he does GSP.

Styles make fights, and what Bisping excels at, Romero is weak at. Bisping has great takedown defense, good dirty boxing, and excellent cardio. His striking would be more accurate than Yoel's. Not more powerful, but he'd land more and the more the fight goes on, the better for Bisping. None of that would effect GSP as much.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's weird, but I actually think Bisping has a better chance against Romero than he does GSP.

Styles make fights, and what Bisping excels at, Romero is weak at. Bisping has great takedown defense, good dirty boxing, and excellent cardio. His striking would be more accurate than Yoel's. Not more powerful, but he'd land more and the more the fight goes on, the better for Bisping. None of that would effect GSP as much.
Mike and GSP have proven to be strong over 5 rounders and usually plan for it well. Yoel is a beast but he's can't pace himself like those guys.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Well this needs to happen, because I want my goddamn purple name in tempus sans itc. bold faced.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Hmmm that's interesting.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Alternate thread title "Lucky Gatekeeper tries to force possible GOAT to fight without getting back into fighting form after 3 years off."

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Bisping will wait because when he beats GSP it will solidify his status as GOAT.